Dinet Is Listed As Part Of Chase Giving Community

I don't know if DINET meets all of the qualifications to win the money from Chase Giving Community, but DINET is listed. The 1st round of voting ends today. You can vote by following these step-by-step Instructions:

From your Facebook page, go to Chase Giving Community: http://www.facebook....CommunityGiving

"Like" the Chase Giving Community by clicking on the "Like" button. Then go to

http://apps.facebook...?src=vote_share or "search" for "DINET."

Cast your vote by clicking the "Vote Now!" button. (You have to "allow" Chase Giving to access your account info in order for your vote to count.)

Search other eligible organizations for whom you want to vote, up to 10 per Facebook account.

I don't know if DINET meets all of the qualifications to win the money from Chase Giving Community, but DINET is listed. The 1st round of voting ends today. You can vote by following these step-by-step Instructions:

From your Facebook page, go to Chase Giving Community: http://www.facebook....CommunityGiving

"Like" the Chase Giving Community by clicking on the "Like" button. Then go to

http://apps.facebook...?src=vote_share or "search" for "DINET."

Cast your vote by clicking the "Vote Now!" button. (You have to "allow" Chase Giving to access your account info in order for your vote to count.)

Search other eligible organizations for whom you want to vote, up to 10 per Facebook account.

thanks

that first link doesn't work for me but I found this

https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving

Hi all who put us on the list. I'm not a facebook member so I can't vote. I was able to see our voting page though. It doesn't say anything about us other then name and address. Can one of the forum moderators see if we can get more info up. It may be too late for this year, we only have 7 votes so far.

As I've thought about the how we keep this wonderful, informative and empowering web site going and how to fund and manage it, sponsorships from our associated research hospitals and these type of charity development groups like chase's is another way to go without charging fees to join. I agree with issie a lot of people wouldn't even look at the forum if there was a fee. I know I'm guilty of note donating the last time Michelle put the call out, she didn't ask for more so I thought we had met our expenses for this year. If we have the funds though we have options to take this on from Michele

I do have some experience with 501c3 as I was a founding member of the 3rd female chapter of Active 20/30 an international service organization. It was designed to allow men initially in that age group to give to childrens charities while also creating an opportunity for professional and social connections. I am experienced in fundraising events, because that is what we did. They were for the most part local. Since we are pretty much global while being based in the USA. (Yea USA BTW, bin ladin and hopefully the decade of death are over!) So that would take some thinking on how to raise funds through a charity event. The immune deficiency foundation (IDF), the think Zebra campaign! Might be a group we could immulate.

I too would be willing to donate my time to dinet. The last year was rough health wise, I'm doing better now and I think this is something I could do part time. I do have computer skills that are a bit rusty, but I'm a quick learner. I had be thinking of taking a web development class at the local college, so I don't have the necessary web skills yet. My nephew though is at one of the best IT colleges at Central Florida university. It is always possible to consider having him or his school make us one of their for credit projects. He has a big social heart.

Well that's what I'm thinking, not sure how to move forward from here. Input is welcome!

I really wish I would have seen this before today. I'm sure more people would have been able to vote if they'd had a chance. I wouldn't even have known about it if I hadn't received an e-mail from the CFIDS Association. After I voted for that, I searched for DINET. Maybe DINET will get the money next year.

Oh thank you for the complement. When I said my skills were rusty, I meant that, I have been out of the work force for a least 15 years. I don't even have a stale resume at this point. I had at least 3 typos in my post. I would have to bone up on everything. I don't think I meet the qualifications Michelle is looking for. I could though with some direction help out part time. Also when I was involved with 20/30 we were a fairly large group and it took all of us to pull an event off. We were pretty good fund raisers though raising over $500,000 over the many years.

I also have a another personal mission which is to get the arizona medical board to become more consumer oriented, putting the patients first and not the doctors. I hope the changes will go national. From the many stories that have been posted on this forum we are not being properly protected. The cardio that abused me and 25 other women in arizona had six complaints against him at the board and nothing was done until he got arrested red handed during a pace maker procedure. He was indicted and is waiting to stand trial it has been two years already. We have been asked to do nothing to make the case more difficult, so we haven't been able to make waves yet. By divine appointment I met two of the other victims and we all feel we were left unprotected and that change is order. Once the case is over I think we will all make a powerful group of women. So, I also need to be free to move on this issue when the time is right.

So I'm open to how I can help as well!