Hair Loss

i had lots of hair before being diagnosed with POTS, i have lost quite a bit the past 6 years. does lexapro or coreg cause this? i was take metaprolol, but read it caused hair loss so switched to coreg. i am noticing it more in my bangs area. and no, there is no one who suffers hair loss in my family. and what helps with hair loss?

I'm not on Lexapro, but I had terrible hair loss for years before I was diagnosed with hypothyroid. And not with the TSH; mine is always perfectly normal. Some people don't have good conversion. Have you had a recent free T3 and free T4? It's the only accurate way to tell. Also consider ferritin; anything below 70 is too low for a female. Since starting Armour thyroid I have my hair back, skin is soft, no palps, better energy. It really helps a lot. I only bring this up because thyroid is so often overlooked when we have symptoms that can be caused by many things.

I started noticing hair loss upon every 'stay' in the hospital....I think it was stress. Again, there was more hair loss after starting Toprol XL but I was soon switched to Bystolic that seems to be reacting better with my body and not as much hair loss is evident.

I recently started on a regiment of Hair Essentials for Hair Growth. I only take 2 tabs a day (the recommended is 3), but my body handles 2 better and my hair seems to be getting better ;)

If you would like more info. let me know.

I'm sorry this is happening to you as well. My hair has always been something I was proud of....it is so difficult when it is lost. Hopefully, we are on the road to getting it back :D