Dermatographia, Histamines And Such

Victoria

My nephew has flushing, allergies, severe asthma, life threatening episodes of his throat closing shut and he also has dermatographia. My sister-in-law attributes his problems to a simple overabundance of histamines (per their family's lifelong GP). But she is firm in her belief that he has never experienced anaphylaxis. :blink:

My son has similar problems and he has an upcoming dermatology appointment. I figured that was a good starting place for investigating the possibility of MCAD. My son's skin is very sensitive, he flushes constantly, and has symptoms that are similar to mine. He just missed two more days of school because he was lightheaded on standing, had chest pain and felt generally ill. I wish family members and the school wouldn't come down so hard of him when he's not feeling well. The poor kid has enough to deal with.

I gently used used the blunt end of a pen to write on his skin for the pics below. The marks are always vivid less than a minute later. I won't call it dermatographia this time because his skin didn't welt, but it has many times before. I'll keep you posted on how this unfolds for us.

rash4-30-11.jpg

rash4-30-11a.jpg

Currently I can do this to my skin too. I actually drew a heart on my stomach the other day to show my hubby. :) However mine was brought on by taking DMPS which is a heavy metal chelator. Before taking chelators, I never once had a rash or hive on my skin so there is some sort of connection there.

I hope you can get some more answers to your questions.

Currently I can do this to my skin too. I actually drew a heart on my stomach the other day to show my hubby. :) However mine was brought on by taking DMPS which is a heavy metal chelator. Before taking chelators, I never once had a rash or hive on my skin so there is some sort of connection there.

I hope you can get some more answers to your questions.

I love the heart idea!