Calling All D. Levine's Protocal People

Hi,

I am aware that you are unable to share Dr. Levine's exercise protocol. But, are you allowed to share the percentage of maximum heartrate that he allows you to strive for?

IOW, are you working at 80% of maximum of heartrate for your age group (that is the normal aerobic target), or 65% of maximum heartrate for your age group (useful for fat burning)? It may or may not be 65% for fat burning:I'm forgetting. Or, are each of you specifically given a target heartrate depending on initial screening?

I wish our problems were as simple as re-conditioning. I was in very good shape when POTS hit me like a truck. That's not to say that re-conditioning is not beneficial though- I definitely see a difference in myself when I exercise regularly :)

I'm starting week three of the protocol today. Yep, HR is individualized based on your 10min stand test. Maybe I'm wrong, but doing a single stand test seems like a poor assessment approach given that POTS is highly variable. In my case, my HR was quite a bit lower the morning of my test than it typically is. I wonder if they'll modify this assessment in the future and how that might impact treatment.

Yes, it's based off of your 10 minute stand test results. I'm in week 8 and for me it has reduced all of my symptoms including brain fog, overall pain but especially chest pain, shortness of breath, dizzyness/disorientation (ie feeling like I'm going to pass out all the time), chemical sensitivies are gone (diet played a big role in that), etc. I wish I would have kept up with my heartrates during all of this to see if they are lower and more normal and if they coincide with symptom reduction. I am sure they do, but I do need to strap my monitor back on for a few days and see how they read walking around doing everyday errands and stuff. I used to wear it everyday, but when I started to get better I just didn't feel like putting it on anymore.