Tachy From Sitting Up?

I discovered that my racing heart not only happens when I stand up to get out of bed in the morning, but also happens from just sitting up. It goes from 72 laying down to 108 sitting up with my legs still on the bed and from 72 to 140 if I sit up with my legs dangling over the bed. I thought it was supposed to be standing that caused this reaction. Anyone else? or anyone know anything?

I have this too ;) It was the only way I was finally diagnosed in the hospital. Doctor came in to check on me. I sat up in bed, my HR went from 69 to over 120. I looked at the machine and said 'Oh, it does that when I sit or stand up.' I thought the Doc was going to dismiss it but he immediately started doing tests. He said I think you have POTS Syndrome but we need to test further etc etc.

But it certainly makes one feel out of whack when sitting up.... Don't understand it either

I don't see why it would be rare. I bet it's actually common. If you think about what is occuring in most cases of POTS, it would be unusual for the heart rate NOT to increase upon sitting up. In my case, even my resting heart rate is tachycardic because of how poorly I vasoconstrict. I used to get heart rate increases just from rolling over, because when you think of it, even modest changes in position require an increase in vasoconstrictive activity (just not as much as standing or sitting.)

Hi,

If I aparticularlyly bad my heart rate will increase on changing position in bed.

It always increases on sitting up. From lying to sitting I can go from 70 bpm to 130 bpm, in hospital I am always setting the alarms off on the heart rate monitors for tachycardia - just no one ever took any notice of them. That really annoys me as all the evidence was there before them.

If I hadn't off found this forum I would never have known about POTS and been written off as a nut job.

Rach

How my hart rate is depend on the day. But genarly one can say that leggs elevaited and in a reclained posision it is lower, leggs down it will go a lilte up and standing even more.. But how much and how fast depends greatly. Normaly i tend to be more tacky in the morning and then it getts lilte better during the day.

When i was younger my hart rate was slower when relaxing. Now its seldom in the lower 80 or lower..