GI attack #3...Need guidance!

Hi Emily, I have had you on my mind all day and sending the best thoughts as you went through your test. You are very brave!

I am so sorry that you now have to get ready for surgery but thrilled that others on this forum have had the same surgery and can tell you how to "instruct" the surgeon to take extra care for you, given POTS. Kudos to you for continuing to push. I know without this group it would be easy to just "accept" what doctors tell us but instead you listened, made up your own mind and went for it....that says a lot about you and how determined you are to feel better.

I am sure you will have a lot of doctor calls and preparation to figure out your next steps and the when and where so I really hope that you will try to get plenty of extra rest this weekend.

take care!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Emily,

I've been following this post and reading "in suspense." :angry: I'm glad they've figured out what is wrong and that it is something that can be fixed. Let us know when you have surgery. You'll have a whole host of people sending prayers and good thoughts your way. :(

Michelle

Guest Julia59

Emily,

I'm glad they found out finally. I knew it all along----sounded like the old gall bladder was on it's last leg. That GI Doc----what kind of an excuse for a doctor is he-----treating you like that......................grrrrr is right.

Don't worry you'll be just fine. Those GB surgeries can be done more quickly now----that means you won't be under anesthesia long at all, and it will be out of your system earlier.

And just think--------no more green face---- :angry:

Wishing you better days ahead----you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie :0)

wow, you all are really helping me stay calm. thank you.

i am just hoping that the CCK doesn't do to me what it did to nina (nina, i already knew your horror story from previous posts). when the CCK part was going on i felt so crampy and my stomach has been that way all day...i kept doing deep breathing and thinking oh, know this is what happened to nina!

so, nina, like you the scan was on a friday and now i have to get through the weekend! any tips?

thank you all for your sweet, sweet, kind, caring posts. you bless me so much. i log on and just get to smile and smile b/c you are so great.

i mean, who else can we email about this and they really 'get it'????

do our friends want to hear this big news? i don't know!?

oh, man, gallbladder, calm down so i can get some rest!

goodnight (i hope :angry:)

emily

Here's what helped me get through the times when my gb was being naughty:

eat a bunch of small meals through the day, low in fat content, low in spices, and low in acidity (so no tomato sauce, etc.). Drink plenty of water--and NO juices (orange and other citrus set things off again), no alcohol, no caffiene, no sodas.

Bentyl and Levsin both helped me a bit...and pain meds. Try to sleep, if you can. :angry: Nina

Wow this is one of the longest threads I have seen. I am happy you found the answer. Pooh pooh to that ER Dr. I think the only way they will say you are distressed is if you code. That is the only patients they seem to care to tend too. If you are not dying, don't bother me attitude. Makes me mad. Keep us posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dawn

hello all...

tea...what shade of green??? i don't know but it is BAD.

i feel worse every day and today was the worst yet, so haven't been online at all.

i feel so weak and like i am going to pass out and sweats and clammy and exhausted and crampy stomach. and i am very anxious about the whole surgery thing, so yes, if you don't mind, i suppose i will start a new topic.

nina..thank you for the tips...i took levsin today and was able to get a little nap and i did sleep last night, but i don't feel like i did!

i am sorry to be such a whiner. i have not felt this bad in a while. and all the unknowns of trying to get surgery are hard, as people here end up waiting weeks for surgery and i don't know how i can wait that long.

sorry, rambling.

call whine-1-1, as morgan would say...

emily

tea...am working very hard to keep up my protein and strength...but it is hard!

Guest tearose

Hi lil em! I was just thinkin about how you were!

You sound awful. I'd say celery green???

Maybe we can get your insides to calm down a bit?

The protein mix I mentioned is very palatable! If you need supplementation to get stronger make sure your internist/pcp orders it for you! He may not think of it, so if your not able to get good nutrition into you between tonight and tomorrow, please call and ask on Monday.

I bet that proactive mom of yours would be happy to call on your behalf!

The group makes great suggestions, stay hydrated and don't consume anything like spice or acid or fatty stuff.

Thanks for popping on to let us know your surviving.

take care, tearose

Oh, Emily, I am so sorry that the test itself seems to have set off your gallbladder troubles. I thought the test would be over in an hour and the CKK out of your system but I guess that didn't happen. I have never had the HIDA so I'll remember that for future use perhaps.

Listen, whine all you want about how bad you are feeling and the concerns you have about surgery. Not all of us here are as brave as others....I know for one I would have worries but the best way I know to take away or reduce the concerns is to learn the most I can about what is ahead. Emily, just remember, you are GREAT at doing that! Seriously, look how you have worked hard to get the correct diagnosis. I would think all your doctors will look at you with a little more respect since they dismissed your concerns which of course turned out to be the correct ones.

I am so glad the Levsin helps and you got some rest. I find it helps me too. I hope you can have another restful night tonight. I'm keeping you in my prayers, my friend.

Emily--

You're in my prayers! I hope for you that relief from the gall bladder distress comes soon.

Oh, and thanks for the Tempur-pedic pillow info/link. Do they make whole body pillows? Thought you might want one to hold onto now and especially, while recovering from surgery! ;)

Best wishes

Ginger

PS you are really going to need and deserve that DINet Spa!