Pyrdostigmine---Mestinon

I like this medicine a lot!! They wouldn't give it to me until it was the last resort for some reason.

But ever since I started it, I've been in well- I guess you could say "remission"! It's weird because I truly thought my life would never be normal again, but with mestinon in combination with my other meds, I almost never have debilitating or even bothersome symptoms. I don't even need IV saline anymore!

I've had moderate gastroparesis for the past six years and was just diagnosed with POTS (postural hypertension) last October. My nerurologist wanted me to go on Flurocoritisone, but I have allergic reactions to coritisone, so she prescibed Pyrdostigmine 60mg 3x daily. I've tried that dosage several times, but each time, it just upset by stomach immensely. So, I now take 30mg 3x daily and that seems to help. It has significantly improved my "brain fog" and I have seen good immprovement with my "huffing and puffing" when walking short distances. I don't have to ride the motorized carts in the stores as often, though I still have my bad days.

• 10 months later...

I found this medication ok. Well tolerated, no real side effects other than occasional weakness. Seems to work better and better with time. Only down side is that it can make me drowsy.

benefits seem to be a major improvement in how I feel sitting, maybe less so standing, a great improvement in how i respond to exercise and vision. Id say all in all it can improve me up to 30-40% on good days, but if I over do it I can crash worse in some ways than before I was on it. I feel much more relaxed on it, almost 'stoned' at times, I find caffeine has done from being something that made me super jittery to having very little reaction at all to it on Mestinon.