Hair Loss In Bang Area

Darlene

Not on medicine either and considering a wig. Don't know why the problem. But, have lost a whole lot of hair mostly on top and in bang area. Maybe something to do with the adrenals and stress, messed up hormones - too much DHT? Really don't know. Can't seem to find any answers for this one. I know if your thyroid is messed up that can cause hair loss. My thyroid levels always come back okay - but have other signs of thyroid imbalance - lost outer part of eyebrows too.

Issie

I really have been bothered by this problem. i was sure that it must be related to my POTS but then I spoke to my doctor at mayo he didn't think it was related. I took myself off off gluten last September and my hair is growing back! Even my eyebrows and lashes are fuller.

I am convinced that in my case the Gluten was the problem. If you have ever had IBS as a diagnosis... consider gluten. I no longer have IBS problems like I did. I am on a beta blocker and cymbalta... I was on lexapro.

I hope this helps you. I know how upsetting it is to lose wads of hair... all over my pillow, the shower, basically all over the house.

I lose more hair when my iron levels are low.

I had low iron and other nutritional def. due to "IBS"... for me Gluten was the root problem.

I've been off of glutten for about 5 months now. Of course, there are occasionally - mess ups - but pretty much off of it and all grains. Just realized that even the small amount of glutten in rice was bothering me. Also found out that nuts are a problem. So, another food to eliminate. Also, off of sugar and dairy. Hard diet - but seems to be making a difference. We'll see if the hair comes back. Hope so. Don't know about iron levels.

I lost a ton of hair as a result of losing over 100 pounds. I've never associated the hair loss with my POTS. I also have IBS with diarrhea. The weight loss was 2 years ago so I guess I can't blame it on that much anymore--although I believe it's what started the POTS. I use Nioxin shampoo and conditioner (specifically for hairloss problems) and take biotin 100mg/day. I thought of using Minoxidil, but my problem is head wide--not in specific areas, although the bang area is hard hit also! I've found the biotin also has helped harden my fingernails too--a bit of a help since they were ridged and really weak

Interesting about the gluten connection. I can't believe how the "gluten" problem is so prevalent right now. What's going on? Even Chelsie Clinton has a gluten intolerance! She had to have a special wedding cake made. Geesh--what's in our environment that's causing all the gluten problems?