Poll: Who's Had Amalgam Fillings?

Did You Ever Have Amalgam Fillings?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No problem. :) I really hope some of us can get the underlying cause of our issues instead of just going to doctor after doctor looking for bandaids. I am just so frustrated with the bandaids. None of them help me (I haven't tried mestinon though and may ask my doc about it). I guess if I found one that did, then perhaps I'd have a different opinion. lol

If I start to see more improvements I'll let you all know. About 2-weeks ago, I felt the best I had ever felt in 11 years. I watched my nephew 2 days in a row and we played outside in the hot heat. I am not doing quite as well as I were then (had to take a break chelating from hives), but I think with this you go 5 steps forward, 2 steps back. 5 more steps forward, 2 back etc etc Eventually you are still further ahead than when you started, it just takes time.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Dana

Regarding "Chelation is sooo difficult on my body and I think the reactions I get from it are proof enough "; it could also be proof that chelation is bad for you. Just a thought - I admit that I think chelation has little science behind it.

Louise

There is lots of science on the use of chelators in people who are exposed to heavy metals in workplaces or in kids who are exposed to lead in their homes. When it comes to a chronic poisoning, I agree there is not much out there. I have taken a leap of faith because we have a syndrome (which means a collection of symptoms only) that has no known cure, the cause is unknown and the long term quality of life is pathetic at best. I'm only 27 and have been sick for 11 years. I will be ticked if I end up dying with POTS. That's the attitude and determination I have to get better. When I mean better, I mean normal.

I have confirmed testing that show I have very high levels of mercury, lead and tin in my body. Regardless if they are causing POTS, they need to come out of my body. All of those metals are highly toxic and studied in medical journals. As I said before even Dr. Grubb cites heavy metal toxicity as a secondary cause for POTS, so that seems like a good thing for me to rule out.

I have continued on chelating. The good news is that I no longer get hives, so I am already seeing improvements. One day I will cure POTS. It may take a long time, but I will get to the bottom of it.

Good luck to you...

Hi Dana

Regarding "Chelation is sooo difficult on my body and I think the reactions I get from it are proof enough "; it could also be proof that chelation is bad for you. Just a thought - I admit that I think chelation has little science behind it.

Louise

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also have terrible teeth that I inherited through my mother's taking a drug while she was pregnant with me. They decay very easily, and I'm a total dental-phobe. I need to go in for some deep cleaning and at least one crown, to add to my other 6 crowns, 2 fake teeth that are part of bridges, and 2 implants - and I only have 22 teeth! I dread having to go get the work done, but know I must eventually or I'll add to my number of root canals.

Fortunately, I don't seem to react to the novocaine or the gas they give me. I just need help getting home afterwards, and to sleep it off for a couple of hours. It seems that a lot of us have dental issues! I also have 3 teeth with amalgam fillings.