Headache - Explain This To Me??

Many of you kindly responded to a previous post about my week long headache...Well it did go a way and I enjoyed a week headache free. But I have noted a pattern that I would love explained because it makes no sense. When I get a chance to sleep in - sleep late - I wake up with a headache or it starts upon rising. So usually I am up by 6:45 but on days when I get to sleep until 9 or so I have headaches. You would think more sleep would make me feel better. I am sure it is some sort of blood flow issue but it seems counterintuitive. Would love your thoughts!

Wow Lina,

Same thing happens to me! This only occurs when I get more sleep than usual. I thought the headache could be due to dehydration from not drinking for a longer period of time. However, I recently had a blood volume analysis that showed my blood volume was high (due to adaptation to high levels of exercise per Dr. Levine). Are you on any medications for POTS? I almost feel as though my blood is stagnant when I don't move around for long periods of time. Once I get up and moving around the headache generally goes away until I get my afternoon tension type coat hanger pain and headaches. I have found caffeine actually helps this morning headache.

unfortunately same here.. I usually keep a bottle of water next to my bed and drink some when I wake up at night (2-3 or more times) and when I wake up in the morning. I can't really say that it helps about headaches, but at least I don't feel that thirsty..

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely thirsty in the morning. I think I'll take Enko's idea of keeping water by my bed and drinking it when I wake up during the night, which is usually several times. Being dehydrated can certainly give you a major headache, so drink up!

Cheers,

jana