Bp Question

I'm having tons of anxiety surrounding my symptoms, and wanted to run a basic question past everyone here on the forum. My BP will reliably increase upon standing, as will my heart rate. Based upon what I'm reading, does this generally suggest that one has something more along the the lines of POTS-variety dysautonomia rather than system atrophy or autonomic failure? Most of the literature I've seen suggests that the latter are accompanied by low postural BP and high supine BP.

Any clarification/insight here would be great. Just trying to get a grip on my symptoms and what they might mean...

What you describe is exactly the way my son manifested early on in his POTS journey. It is opposite now because his pooling has gotten worse each time he grows. His Dr. said that his body was compensating by throwing out massive amounts of adrenalin from the hyperadrenergic response that Julie talked about.

Thanks, guys.

So, what would the other symptoms of "hyperandrogenic POTS" be? My heart rate will really ramp up if I'm dehydrated during the day, or at night around 3-4am. I feel like I don't sweat as much as I use to, and I don't have the "stamina" that I once had for exercise, etc. Also, lot's of anxiety lately as well.

Google "hyperandrogenic POTS" to learn more. I hate to point you to one site specifically as I am unsure as to which has the best & most up-to-date info. Read all you can about the condition & see if it fits you.

All the best-

Julie