Heart Rate Watch

I have one I like. I got it on the Jonathan No excuses work out sight. It cost less than 50$. I've had it over a year and use it all the time. It has a chest strap you wear with it but my HR's are right. Hope you find one you like!

Brye

hi..

I did have an oregon watch some years back, i had to turn the first two back. After the tird one i realised it worked on others but not on me. Last week i got a polar one. So fare it works better, but it has gone a lilte crazy the last two days... But for the first week it worked very well... I must add that i cant wear normal watches, cause they thend to fail or stop working... ust another weird thing i gess ;)

But in the types we have here polar is suposed to have the best one for weird hart rates etc. And the cheapest as the same basic as the most expensive polar. :) the dirfent being the more expensive has more and more extra stuff...

Good question! I have been looking at heart rate monitor watches for awhile now. I do not want a chest strap but the one's I see that are just the watches the reviews are mixed. Any suggestions for a watch only heart monitor? I also want one that reads continuously...Maybe I'm asking too much :)

I didn't know they make ones that take continuous heartrate without a chest strap. Do these exist? The other thing I didn't like about the Timex one is that you have to wet the chest strap sensor before putting it on. Wouldn't it eventually dry out? Do they all require water? Sounds like Polar is the winner so far.

very pleased with polar's quality and accuracy. have been using a wrist/chest strap model for several years. do not find the chest strap bothersome at all... very good value--less than 55. USD.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the Polar chest strap that syncs to the iPhone? I just saw it at a Nike outlet today for $69.95. Maybe it'll be cheaper online. It would be great to avoid the watch part and sync it directly to my phone. I didn't see if it has continuous HR monitoring tho. Looks like there are several 3rd party apps you download to your phone that it will sync with. Anyone have experience with this version?

• 3 months later...

I want to HR monitor but if you wear a chest with a beep, can you shut it off? I don't want to be using things at the Y & call attention to myself.

I'm thinking maybe a watch monitor if those are accurate. Would like one UNDER $100 even better if around $50.

I'm concerned with volume on the beeping too. anybody have any tips or links of what to buy?

p.s. I want something self contained. I do not use a smart phone. My house mate has an ipad but their stuff is $270. OUTRAGE. I dont' work and he lost his job :-(

You can just use your i phone or i touch with a free app. I feel they work pretty darn good and with the i pod you just need good light. The i phone works off of the flash. If you want to pay it will keep track of your HR's. I just like to know what's going on from time to time. Less buttons for the kids to push on me. LOL ~ One day in the hospital I downloaded one and my heart rate was 160 and knew I needed help. They came in and measured me and it was accurate.

Good Luck, I'm sure if you have a droid phone they also have the same thing.

Bellamia ~

Cordelia, thanks

Bella, I stated earlier I do NOT HAVE SMART phone or ipod or any of that modern junk. Thus I need a BASIC wrist HR monitor that is dependable :)

I need something EASY to read due to bad vision and wear STRONG reading glasses!

ps My HOUSE mate has an ipad but I find it most difficult to type on touchpad.

Sorry Sophia3

I love my modern junk and just thought that someone else might read this post and see you can throw away almost everything you own and just have a smart phone. lol :lol:

Hope you found the watch you wanted. I'm just trying to simplify my life now and wish I had an I touch years ago, then I wouldn't have all this junk that I'm trying to get rid of now ~

Have a good night ~

Bella ~