Compression Stockings

Kay

Does anyone know where to get some compression stockings that are a little more stylish than the kind you get at a pharmacy? I am willing to pay money for them.

On another note, I put on the ones on I did get today.... and I fell off my bed trying to put them on LOL!!!! Those things are hard to get on... but once I got them on I did feel a little better... the top of my legs kind of hurt though is that normal?

I like to wear the compressions that come under my knee....when I wore the ones that were higher the top of my leg hurt too. It's not normal to feel pain when you wear them because that means they are turning into a tourniquet instead of compressions. I bought prescription grade ones that are toe-less and they look a lot better. Maybe black with flip flops wouldn't look so bad.

I always buy my compression stockings from www.ameswalker.com. Jobst, Juzo, and Sigvaris are my favorite brands. They all have some styles that are super sheer. Judging by looks you can hardly tell a difference between the medical grade compression and regular nylons. I also like the toeless kind sometimes too so that I can wear flip flops in the summer. They toeless kind is never as sheer as the regular compression, though.

Wearing thigh high compression with the silicon grips has made the skin on my thighs hurt. It gets very itchy and sore on the outside of my legs. For that reason I rarely wear thigh highs anymore. Usually I go with knee high stockings and mid-thigh to waist compression garments (like Spanx).

I hope you can find styles and comfort that works for you.

Rachel

For your Legs is on-line and runs sales all the time. If you use rubber gloves - like the ones you wash dishes with, it is allot easier to put them on. You won't stick your finger through them and you can grip them with flat palms and smooth them up better. Right now - there is a closeout going on Mediven brand for like 1/3 of cost - if they still have your size. They seem to run a little small - mine won't work - because they are a size too small and they won't take closeouts back. I can't wear these. Have to get some different ones.