Am I Right In Thinking That Some Doctors Distinguish Between Oi And Pots And Others Do Not?

I am getting from here: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=adc&doc=4788

that the diagnostic criteria, at least at Vanderbilt (which I understand to be respected in the dysautonomia world), includes that 30 bpm increase benchmark that you see for POTS diagnoses and the terms are used interchangeably.

Do other doctors consider OI to be the symptoms of POTS patients without the 30 bpm increase?

My current on-paper diagnosis has been amended from NCS to "OI, possible POTS" pending my autonomic test results and review of my tilt, so that's why I ask.

WOW - that is one crazy introductory statement - and all I have to say is 'no wonder you are confused' lol....

I have been told I have orthostatic intolerance - some vasomotor instability, I think my standing norepi ~ is right at 600 can't remember for sure.... My heartrate in diagnostics hasn't reached a rise of 30 bpm with standing - so no POTS here - but a geneticist did say 'possible POTS' before I had the official testing things done. Then I get rises in b/p with standing ~ and only with prolonged standing - hours - do I get the crashing b/p... baseline HR is sinus tachycardia - controlled with meds ...

I guess altogether with the symptoms of needing to lay down STAT - I have dysautonomia lol....

Anyway someone here should have better knowledge than me and I'll be happy to read what they have to say too!

I wouldn't go by that info. Just as with others, they forget that you can have high bp also. What is also toubling is that they do not list any supplements to help. I know they are important. Thankfully there are doctors that know more about POTS than this.