Leg Muscles Twitch And Tremble

Hi all

just have to ask this question as it is driving me mad.

I often get muscle twitches in my biceps, and thighs if I move them slightly and the muscles start trembling really fast but slight but I have noticed at night (I get restless legs too) if I need to pee, my legs twitch and jerk. I go to the loo and the legs are then ok.

Is this to do with POTS - all the twitching? Some days are better than others and then it goes altogether then comes back fully.

Any ideas?? ;)

Good morning Tinks,

I too get muscle twitching in my upper arm thigh, calf and eye. I haven't noticed mine having any correlation to having to pee though. Saw my neuro on Thurs and she said it may improve with putting me on Lexapro. I also have Small Fiber Autonomic Neuropathy and the Lexapro is suppose to help with the parasthesias and muscle twitching.

Good day,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer

thanks for reply...so the twitching and trembling is to do with ANS? I havent been able to discuss it with anyone but have booked in to see a rheumy who I thought could spread light on things! If not, maybe she could send me to a neuro.

The accident and emergency saw me the other night due to numb arm, did a neck xray and wrote to my docs to tell him to send me to a neuro for MRI but my doc refused so I asked him to send me back to my rheumy!

Soem days I do not get the twitches or trembling of my muscles but when I do have them this si when I get the twitches when I need to pee - very odd!

Does your neuro doc know this? I had some weird urinary things for a time that seem to have somewhat resolved and one doctor thought I might have a tethered cord.... You can google it if you haven't already ... My twitching is new to me - toes move all over the place and left thumb is in constant twitch ... I am still figuring out causes etc...

Hi now what

I have never heard of that tethered cord. I have had issues when I cannot stop going - 13 times in one night and then have problems trying to go, but this twitching of my legs when I need to go has been going on for about 2 months. Unfortunatley, I have not got a neuro right now but am being referred back to my rheumy. Hopefully she will check out my numb arm and all this trembling stuff! :blink:

• 3 months later...