Pots Video

I am posting this video because I hope that it will be an inspiration to some of you like it was for me. Erina's video just really put a spark in me to really begin the protocol that I had put away on a desk because I thought I was too tired and weak to try it. I started 2 weeks ago and it is difficult, but I have done much better than I ever imagined! I have hope right now that I haven't had in almost 2 years.

On another note, I really don't want this post to turn into criticizing the protocol or opinions on the "flaws" of the study. I just wanted it to encourage others as it did for me!

ENJOY!

I'm new here so I don't know all the opinions on the study. I have had multiple healthare providers contact Dr. Levine's office for a copy and none have been able to get a copy. I was just wondering why it was such a big secret (or is it?).

I went went to cardaic rehab and I had 8-10 medical professionals watching me not knowing what excerises to even try. POTS really scared them(most of the cardaic rehab team are ex-jocks who in our retirement city are used to helping the standard by-pass patient). I was worried because after 4 times of being bedridden over the years I have had some atrophy in my legs and I really wanted to do some safe excerising (sure I would love to be cured, but my main hope is to keep the muscles I have left!). Right now to save time and money my husband bought a fully reclining recumbent excerise bike from a going out of busines nursing home facility. The only positives I have seen using my bike is it seems to help with my excess adrenaline and "anxiety" type symptoms of hyper-pots.

Thanks for sharing video it is definitely encouraging to hear. My cardio found out about the sucess rate of this study and started me on cardiac rehab back in august 2010... I did 5 minutes on 3 different sit down machines with constant monitoring of my bp and hr... after a few weeks I was unable to continue due to my fainting after each session ... though now I am stable enough to where I am doing light exercises at home. I definitely believe there is alot of potential in exercising to get somewhat more functional.

Bellajulz,

I consider 5 minutes on 3 different machines too much, especially if you've been doing nothing. Thirty seconds to one minute on one machine is more like it, in my opinion.

I know I thought the same thing! I have been sick for 2 years and bed ridden for months and months that total up to about a year. I definitely hadn't even thought of working out or cardio in well over 4 years, but somehow my body is managing to do the almost hour long cardio. I still can't believe it. I'm still shocked when I get off the bike. I will say I have never passed out and it hasn't been a part of my illness. Come close a few times, but my bp stays fairly stable. I have what they referred to as "classic" POTS.