Vasospastic Angina

Amber

Hi! I'm pretty sure that I've been experiencing vasospastic angina for the past year. My docs recognise that I'm having angina but they can't figure out (or agree) on why, since my coronary arteries showed up normal on a chemical stress test. The docs have never mentioned Vaso. angina but from what I've read it describes me pretty well...not sure why they didn't think of it. Im waiting on another appointment to request further investigation but I want to go in with as much knowledge as possible about it and how it relates with my POTS. I know that there are at least a few on this forum with Vaso angina too so hopefully you'll be able to help me with these questions based on your experiences.....

1.I hear that calcium channel blockers are recommended for V.A. but Beta Blockers are contraindicated. My TTT showed I'm very beta sensitive so how do I control my tachy without my BB? Can one use both?

2. I've also been diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and my endo wants to put me on spironolactone (aldactone) to treat the hormone imbalance but I hear its a mild diuretic and I think may affect vasospasm too...anyone ever use this med with having POTS?

3.For those diagnosed with V.A. ....how did you get your dx? Did you have an angiogram? I hear there is a drug they can give you while in angio that can trigger the vasospasm to clinch the diagnosis. Doesn't sound fun but I am tired of the doctors guesswork...I want a firm dx so we can get on to treatment.

Does anyone have any information or articles on POTS AND Vasospastic Angina together?

thanks....seems weird to have to dx ourselves and then tell our doctors what to do for us but they seem so clueless sometimes....

Amber

heiseygirl, I have a link to a great article on variant (vasospastic) angina that might be helpful to you. Its not specific to those with POTS but it may help you figure out if it sounds like what you are experiencing. Maybe you can take it to your doc to see if he can try any of the diagnostic tests mentioned in the article. Thats what I'm going to do with my doc.

http://cmbi.bjmu.edu.cn/uptodate/coronary%20heart%20disease/pathophysiology/variant%20angina.htm

hope that link works and that it helps give you an answer too. 8 )

amber

• 1 month later...