Support Hose

DIXZELAND

I wear them to try to raise my BP. Not sure how helpful they are if you have high BP's. I don't find them terribly comfortable but they definitely are helpful.

Brye

Just curious to know if anyone uses the support hoses daily. I heard they are very uncomfortable. But if they really work, it would be worth the misery to wear them then to be miserable with the high bp.

Thanks for comments!

I did a forum search for you so you can get a feel for how it helps people -

http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=and&sid=76dcc6c8ba30f3326fe59b387ac718ab&content_title_only=1&search_term=compression&search_app=forums&st=50

At the top of the board Mighty Mouse has a post with links to where to find compression hose.

hope this is helpful as you determine what will help you. I have a very bad wrist and hands that do not always cooperate so I cannot wear compression daily

I wear Jobst support thigh high stockings and they aren't bad to wear. I can tell the difference when I don't have them on. I feel they have been beneficial in helping with my blood pressure.

I encourage you to give them a try.:)

I also wear Jobst thigh high hose. I wear the relief style because they are cheaper, but they do have softer versions. Without the hose, I notice a gradual decline in my function. Wearing hose is essential for me. My insurance hadn't covered them until this past year, but I only needed to buy a few pairs a year (even though I wear them daily).

I get mine from www.brightlifedirect.com.

hi ..

i think they only help if low pressure. I have been using the ust for the calfs type for a couple of years, i will wear the thigh high on spesial ocations and somthimes the all the way ones ... But that was when myy presuure was low. Since saturday it has been high, so i gess no piont in wearing them now.... :unsure:

it seems like some is very fond of their suport hoses, others use them at times, and for others again they are ust useless. But what els is new..? B)

best of luck

I think if you also have EDS - they help because they keep your legs tighter and the blood flows better. It makes my legs feel better, because there are vein issues and varicose issues. I also pool in my stomach and having an abdominal binder keep the swelling in my abs down.

well I have worn a pairfor the first time today and it has stopped all my livedo in my legs. I took them off a while ago and the livedo is back. Dint think to check bp though. Have heart rate monitor on today as been to gym for first time and have left it on since so I know my heart rate is still all over the place!

I have tried many types(knee high, thigh high and full pantyhose) over the years without sucesss. A few months ago since my pots has been so bad I got a new pair of waist high hose and an abdominal binder to try. It was very uncomfortable(an odd annoying pressure not pain) but I thought I would try and take a walk with my husband around the cul-de-sac. I was willing to take the discomfort if it meant I could go out to the store. My blood pressure was raised(usually 120/80 to 140/90) and my pulse(140's) did not drop during the 3 times I tried.

After I had my last child the hsopital made me wear compression boots and they made me feel horrible (now I can compare it to a full blown hyper-pots atttack). I remember the nurse coming in and ripping them off me. I was shaking and sweating with my heart racing.

I've just discovered Support hose and now they're essential for me. Huge difference from being so light headed in the morning I can't stand for mre than a minute, to being able to walk around and make coffee and get toast (essential for the first morning Mestinon) before I can sit in my chair to work. Now i'm considering getting a pair to wear in the shower. Maybe I could shower first thing in the morning... That would be great!

I always have given up on them - measured to fit - the knee highs feel tight at that top ribbing - also it really bothers my hands which are hypermobile to put them on. Excuses maybe - but I tried last year for a couple weeks to wear at work - initially the first hour I love it - but soon they feel binding at the knee and I feel miserable.... Same thing happend in my twenties......Anyway I have never been a person to wear coats, hats, boots, scarves, glasses - don't like splints and things 'on' me -- even in 18 below zero - no hat and layered clothing with light shell jacket! I would overheat so bad on a snowmobile ride - I'd dive off the thing once at my destination and jump into a snow bank and lay there till I cooled down! So I may not be the most fair judge!