It's Official!

kellieb

Today i went to see Dr Pierce who specializes in pots. "Unfortanatly not hyperadrenic form" He diagnosed me with Hyperadrenic pots with MCA. HE is not as familar with this type. So before we start any kinda of treatment he is gonna call around. I think this kinda scares me. But atleast i know im not crazy! He told me he was very impressed with my research skills. i told him i get fired on the 23rd. lose my insurance and everything. He seemed pretty hopeful we might get me back to work. *Cross my fingers* It is in hot kitchens. So im not so sure. But i have faith! Also got a copy of my medical records from my primary. It really comes to light its all there. you just gotta know what your looking for. It amazes me that more doctors do not know about this. If i didnt find this by doing research. i think i still would have been twiddleing my thumbs. I feel for all of you who went years and years without knowing. I look forward to talking with you all more. You gave been great. :)

Kellie

I guess something came back high in my urine a couple times. really bad face flushing. HE talked about it. but i had a bad episode about a hour before my appointment :( having some bad brain fog. If i would have thought about it. i would have brought something to record him. He said he personally will be calling me within a few days. I will ask him then. If i knew what i was looking for i have my medical records right here.. lol

I guess something came back high in my urine a couple times. really bad face flushing. HE talked about it. but i had a bad episode about a hour before my appointment :( having some bad brain fog. If i would have thought about it. i would have brought something to record him. He said he personally will be calling me within a few days. I will ask him then. If i knew what i was looking for i have my medical records right here.. lol

He may have seen an elevated tryptase or methylhistamine level.

Did he have you collect urine directly after a flushing episode? Supposedly this is how the test is to be done. I have all the MCAD symptoms, but my urine came back negative. Congrats on the diagnosis (always feel awkward saying that!). Hope he can help you. :)

my primary did actually. we tried the 24 hour urine. wasnt picking it up as much as the 2 hour after a episode. honestly i have been flushing for 3 or so years. i thought i was going thru the change of life in my early thirtys. Yes my blonde comes out. i thought they was hot flashes.. lol