Cold To Bronchitis - Anyone Use Clarithromycin?

I had a bad cold for about 10 days, my worse in many, many years.

The congestion won't leave so my PCP prescribed Clarithromycin Wednesday. They are huge pills and I've been afraid to take them. But now I am having coughing fits and can't catch my breath. So I really need to start these. I think Bronchitis has settled on me. :angry: I had a busy, active day today and I really feel it tonight (coughing, shortness of breath, chest hurts and coughing up mucous).

I guess I need reassurance that his antibiotic has been used by other POTSY's. I've had a bad couple of weeks and now this.

I have taken multiple antibiotics, many, many times for recurrent sinus infections. The worst problem I get is a yeast infection. I have found that by taking probiotics in between my doses of antibiotic, I can mitigate that now. Don't take the probiotic with your antibiotic or the antibiotic will kill off the good bacteria before it gets to your gut.

There are several people on the forum taking long term antibiotics for Lyme and CFS.

I can take this, but it usually causes my stomach to hurt. An annoying side effect, but not bad enough for me to not take it. It does come in a liquid form which is what I get when I'm prescribed it. Maybe call your pharmacist and see if you can cut the pills in half so they will be easier to swallow.

Hope you fell better quickly!

Babette

I have taken multiple antibiotics, many, many times for recurrent sinus infections. The worst problem I get is a yeast infection. I have found that by taking probiotics in between my doses of antibiotic, I can mitigate that now. Don't take the probiotic with your antibiotic or the antibiotic will kill off the good bacteria before it gets to your gut.

There are several people on the forum taking long term antibiotics for Lyme and CFS.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think of this. Yeast infections are the worst and I was wondering how I could avoid that suffering!