How To Look At Posts From Before Last Year??

sue1234

Hi Sue,

I think I can answer your question.

You can change your forum filter settings for your account. This will allow you to scroll back through all of the old forum pages. To change these settings, scroll to the bottom of the forum you want to change the settings for (Dysautonomia Discussion or Chit-Chat). Just below the list of topics you will see a dark blue bar that goes across the screen from one side to the other. In the center you will see the words, "Click here to show filter options." Once you click on that you will have several scroll down boxes appear. Go to the one that says, "Time Frame," and click, "Show All." Then check the box that says, "Remember Filters." And click "Go." This should allow you to scroll through all of the old topics. The chit-chat forum goes back to December 2005, and the Dysautonomia Discussion forum goes back to September 2003.

There is also a way to change the search settings so that you can find older posts when you search. To do this you need to go to the search form, not just the small search box. The full search form can be found by clicking on the little button to the right of the search (mangifying glass) button. The button for the search form looks like a little gear to me, but I'm not exactly sure what it is supposed to be. Anyway, click on the little "gear button" and it will bring up the search form. In the form you will have the option of choosing the dates you want to search through. This makes it easy to search for a topic that you know was from a few years ago.

Hope this helps.

Rachel

Well, I tried both. I included "all" as my reference range in the forum area, and it only went back to May 2010. Same thing with clicking on the "gear" button on the search area. I clicked a date range from 2005 to present, and it still only went back to May 2010. Any ideas??

Hmmmm... I'm stumped. Changing the filter to "show all" should work.

One thing that might help with searching is to narrow the time frame down to a year or less. If searching for a commonly used word like "POTS" from the years 2004-2009 then there are too many posts, and they don't all come up. If you search for a term that is rarely used on the forum then it is easy to find old posts. I'm not sure why it is like this with the search feature now. It has been this way ever since the forum upgrade several months ago.

Rachel