Killer Headache - Is This The Mestinon?

Rawr! Terrible headache today and had the same one day last week. I don't remember this being a Mestinon side effect before. It's like lead weights on one of my eyeballs. It feels like a "chemical" headache if that makes any sense, not a normal stress/sinus/tension headache.

Is this just an amazing migraine my body has decided to bless me with today? Anyone have migraines with your dys? Anyone have headaches with Mestinon?

Hoping everyone is having a good day :-)

Marie

I didn't get any more migraines than I usually do when I was on mestinon, buts I definitely have more migraines on my bad POTS days. My migraines were actually the first presenting symptom I had that led to my diagnosis. I had a migraine that last for 9 months straight, really thought I was losing my mind. Dr. Stillman, who is a neurologist at the Headache and Facial Pain Clinic at the Cleveland Clinic, noticed my unusual vitals (high HR and low BP) and sent me for a TTT. Sure enough, I flunked! He explained to me that "vascular" migraines are common in pots patients, due to both the low blood pressure and the tachycardia. He recommended vasoconstrictors like DHE for rescue meds. If you keep getting them, definitely follow up with your neurologist, or get a referral to one.

Sandy

If I don't eat before I take mestinon it drives me nuts. Don't know if I would classify it as "headache" but it makes my head spin and makes me dizzy and my eyes can't focus and my thoughts are muddled(among other things unrelated to headaches).

Maybe you need to eat more before you take it?

Funny you mention it, I'm sneezing my head off the last two days. But I swear that was not a sinus headache! But who knows, maybe it was after all. I took a benadryl and some Advil and I felt better. So maybe its just allergies. But smells can trigger headaches for me too - the laundry softener aisle in the grocery store is the worst offender. And smells triggering is a migraine thing, isn't it? Sigh...so many fun symptoms.

Thanks everyone for all your helpful replies!!