New Cfs Research

Don't know if this has been posted here yet. There is a new study which looked at spinal fluid of CFS patients and Lyme patients and found unique proteins in each as compared to controls. Sounds promising.

Here is the long complicated version:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0017287

And here is a synopsis:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/23/AR2011022305444.html

Yes, it was on the news, an interview with Dr. Klimas from Florida. I sure hope this will help the doctors that have hurt people by saying it was in thier heads all these years. Very shameful. I hope everyone will now get serious and work together. I have had it for 18 years.

My son has been treated with antibiotics for over a year now. He is markedly improved. Dr. Rowe has found that treating his CFS patients as though they had lyme (regardless of test results) has yielded good results. This article corroborates what he is doing :D

Julie

I was on minocycline 100 mg bid for a couple of years for RA. I think it helped but as problems grew it got too hard to convince doc to rx that also.

It is very important that he use strong sunblock - I never had a tan in my life except when I was on minocycline and I always used at least a 25 block. In retrospect I think taking D3 with it would be beneficial.