Regarding Dizziness

gnomegarden

I was just reading the dizziness classifications thread :) My daughters dizziness seems to be the lightheaded, going-to-pass-out variety...and she has it all the time and so severely that she cannot function. Is there anything, aside from the passage of time and symptoms, that you guys have found to help with it?? ( She already pushes the salt and water. her meds are 10mg midodrine 4x day, and inderal 60 mg at night. She also just began zoloft-- .05cc/day)

zzzzzz, Dawn

It may sound crazy but in the beginning of my onset when no one had a clue what was wrong with me I bought thouse Sea Bands wrist things for motion sickness. I thnk they helped a bit and there was no medicine side effects. There is also a med called Meclizine HCI that you can get over the counter for motion sickness/dizziness. I believe it makes you sleep like Benadryl but not sure! I hope she feels better soon I know how much that can affect your life. Prayers to you and her! :)

KC

Dizziness has always been my most persistent and irritating symptom. Meclizine (bonine) does help me, but I think there are considerations taking it long term. The sea band type stuff also helps me too, I have a device that does an electric shock to the inner wrist. Doesn't cure but does help. Recently though I've discovered support hose, which, combined with being back on Mestinon, are helping me a great deal. Hope it gets better for you!!

Thank you dears. We have not tried any OTC meds. The one that makes you sleep sounds appealing as she sleeps so very little. She is trying to keep up with teleclass homeschooling, so that becomes a big deal- to not be able to sleep until 4-5 am sometimes and not being able to catch up in the mornings due to classes. It's a vicious circle.