Diet Tips

nooniegirl

I have been messing around with my diet since the beginning of the year trying to see what helps the POTs symptoms. It seems that carbs have a big impact on my tachycardia and I always watch my caffeine intake. Today I had to have some chocolate and now I am suffering my HR is the highest its been in a while, I feel breathless and generally wired. 'd be interested to hear anyone elses diet do's amd don'ts

Same here... small meals, higher protein, avoiding refined sugars etc. Can't do too many raw foods with my GI tract so do more cooked vegetables etc. I frequently notice that my energy PLUMMETS if I eat a small piece of candy (almost always chocolate :P ) so don't do that too often but sometimes. It also sends my heart rate higher and I frequently notice my pulse pressure gets lower as well.

I am with everyone else. Small meals with yogurt smoothies in-between. Drink lots of fluids to stay well hydrated too. I also recommend working with a Dietician to find the right diet for you. Did wonders for me since I have GERD, Gastroparesis and Diverticulitis. I recommend getting the book, "Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter" by The Calorie King. He also has a website: www.CalorieKing.com helps with showing foods fat and carbohydrate content. Best book I purchased. Good luck with finding the right diet for you.