Klonopin??

icesktr189

As a general rule...

If the half life of a drug is 24 hours, then 50% of the drug will be out of the patient's system in 24 hours. At 48 hours, 25% of the drug will be out the patient's system. At 72 hours, 12.5%.... and so forth.

The half life is NOT the same in everyone's body. There is generally a range. The range of Klonopin is 18-50 hours, depending on the individual.

Many drugs do not follow a neat, linear pattern, and there is a whole field called pharmacokinetics that delves into this issue.

Nelgkel - thanks for that suggestion. I am on the generic. I'll add that to my growing list of questions for my dr next week! ;)

No problem dizzyde. I don't remember where I saw it, but it was on a POTS group where they discussed generic vs brand and those on brand had a much higher success rate. So I just wanted to pass along the information I learned.

I'm chiming in here. I was told NOT to get the generic. I only take the name brand. The prescribing doc was adamant about that.

i have been on it for a year and a half. I went off of it worried about addiction and found that I am much better on it. For me taking it over time has helped. I can sleep. I have never increased the dose and I feel that along with the betablocker.... this med has done me the most good.

My psychiatrist had exactly the same reaction as you all to generic vs. brand. He said particularly with this compound, the generic packs much more of a punch than the generic, and that it's likely one could do just as well on a smaller dose if using the brand name.