Fibromyalgia - Any Connection ?

miranda

Have orthostatic hypotention & NMH , of no known cause.

A few months diagnosed with gum disease.

Yesturday diagnosed with fIBROMYALGIA cos I woke up and couldnt move my arms or hands due to wide spread pain all over my body.

They took my bloods to see what it shows.

Is there any connection ?

Have orthostatic hypotention & NMH , of no known cause.

A few months diagnosed with gum disease.

Yesturday diagnosed with fIBROMYALGIA cos I woke up and couldnt move my arms or hands due to wide spread pain all over my body.

They took my bloods to see what it shows.

Is there any connection ?

I really don't know. Hope you feel better soon. I get headaches a lot. sometimes daily. I also have leg pain, but I don't think its fibromyalgia

Oh I think there's a connection, but it's just my opinion. I have both NMH and fibro. Can't diagnose either one with bloodwork, but certain other things can be ruled out. I manage my fibro with doxepin & 5HTP, gentle yoga and lifestyle changes like not trying to be everything to everyone LOL. Seriously, that has made a difference although it is a tall order. Stress reduction is a big, big help in managing fibro. Best wishes!

There does seem to be a big overlap of patients who have POTS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and/or Fibromyalgia. So sorry to hear you're having so much trouble right now.

Yes, Sarah, you just described me so there is definitely some kind of connection. First I was diagnosed with Fibro as those were the symptoms present then CFS and last was Dysautonomia b/c as I deteriorated, I started having changes in my vitals signs and getting orthostatic. I sure wish they'd find the link and what makes us the way we are!

I have read that these are different names for the same disease called 'Dysautonomia'. Depending what is the major symptom and what type of doctor diagnoses you, accounts for the different names. If pain is the major sx and you see a rheumatologist you get diagnosed with fibro. If major sx. is tachycardia and you see a cardiologist you get dx'ed with MVP, inappropiate sinus tachycardia, palpitations. If sx is dizzy and orthostatic tachy you are dx'ed with POTS. It seems so confusing. So many names for the same one underlying disease process.

I have read that these are different names for the same disease called 'Dysautonomia'. Depending what is the major symptom and what type of doctor diagnoses you, accounts for the different names. If pain is the major sx and you see a rheumatologist you get diagnosed with fibro. If major sx. is tachycardia and you see a cardiologist you get dx'ed with MVP, inappropiate sinus tachycardia, palpitations. If sx is dizzy and orthostatic tachy you are dx'ed with POTS. It seems so confusing. So many names for the same one underlying disease process.

I completely agree with your post! As a matter of fact, I think we all have Dysautonomia which is the mother umbrella that covers the other diagnoses...such as fibromyalgia, CFS, POTS, OI, etc. What it boils down to is a dysfunction in the nervous system. The only thing worse than suffering through this would have to be either Lou Gehrigs (ALS) or a terminal condition. :(

I like that "Dysautonomia which is the mother umbrella".

LOL...that's how I describe it to my family and friends b/c I was diagnosed with fibro first, then CFS, and once I started having orthostatic changes in VS...Dys! But it confused everyone so I tried to find a simple explanation (it's just my theory). :D

It's really uncanny how many of us with dysautonomia have the same group of symptoms ...

My fibro pain is mostly gone now unless I eat bacon or tomatoes. I'm mostly pain free now except for when someone presses on one of those trigger points. Not sure why though ... well, except that I've been in several accidents and have a few damaged disks. Pinched disks can cause trigger points ...

Are you sleeping ? I take 5HTP from time to time if I have insomnia and it works everytime. If I'm not getting enough deep sleep, my pain returns too ... but between the 5HTP and Virastop, I've been sleeping great for a few years now ... kow ..

hth ...