Hi Again! Missed You Guys!

MamaTrain

Hello Everyone! It's been quite some time since I've been on the forum. I think when it changed I had a hard time figuring out what happened to my subscription to new topics and what not then I just got busy and well you know the story! ;) When I was last posting I started seeing a new doctor who was a MD and used naturpathic care in her practice. Very outside of the norm for around here! We were doing hormone replacement and adrenal supplements. I would say that I improved quite a bit but never got that sense of my "old" self.I still had bouts of dizziness, racing heart upon waking, hot & cold sensitivity, exercise intolerance etc. I was just happy that it wasnt happening 24/7 like it was. However in the the past week I have noticed my symptoms creeping up again more frequently during the day. I even started my uncontrollable shaking again at night when I get chilled from going from warm bed to bathroom. That is by far the symptom that I hate the most. I cant stand not being able to stop shaking when I keep telling myself to stop! UGH! Anyhoo, my husband and I went in for my check up and said things are just not getting better and we want to look into further testing. She was very understanding when we explained the shaking episodes and said let's look at your pituitary and hypothalamus with an MRI. I just found out that a aunt of mine had very similar symptoms and had a huge pituitary tumor! She also wants to see if a endocrinologist will do a special test where they test how your adrenal glands respond after injecting you with something. She thinks there is a possibility that one of my adrenal glands is dead or dying off. I'm willing to do anything to take this away but I know in my heart that I must be prepared for the infamous "everything looks normal". I hope all of you that I used to chat with regularly are doing well. Shoot me a note if you want! Have a good week ahead!

Hugs,

KC

Welcome back! You will want to make sure you are off all of the adrenal supplements you were taking. I assume you mean you will have the cortrosyn stimulation test to see if your adrenals respond correctly. I have had it and it was simple enough.

Hi Sue! Is that the test where you have to be supervised by a doctor? I was wondering why I couldnt just go do a lab test and that's what they said. Made me a little anxious. How were your results?

Yeah!! Welcome back. Missed you on here! I was hoping you were just doing so great, you were off living the high life without symptoms. :)

Keep us posted on what you find out with your tests.

Glad you're back!

I had the test in the "chemo" area of the clinic where my doctor was. It has reclining chairs. That made it comfortable to wait out the 1 1/2 hours. My doctor was on the same floor, but not there for the testing. They measure your baseline, then inject you with the cortrosyn(?). They then do a draw two times within the next 1 1/2 hours. The only thing I felt was a reddened face, and it stayed like that all day.

My baseline was good-I think my cortisol started around 11. By the end, it had stimulated to around 30.

I had the test in the "chemo" area of the clinic where my doctor was. It has reclining chairs. That made it comfortable to wait out the 1 1/2 hours. My doctor was on the same floor, but not there for the testing. They measure your baseline, then inject you with the cortrosyn(?). They then do a draw two times within the next 1 1/2 hours. The only thing I felt was a reddened face, and it stayed like that all day.

My baseline was good-I think my cortisol started around 11. By the end, it had stimulated to around 30.

That sounds like the test they were talking about! Was your test normal then? I dont know what those numbers mean. :)

Yeah!! Welcome back. Missed you on here! I was hoping you were just doing so great, you were off living the high life without symptoms. :)

Keep us posted on what you find out with your tests.

Glad you're back!

Hey there! :) Long time no posting! LOL! How have you been? I cant figure out how to get email notification that people have responded to your post. This new forum is a bit different. I have my MRI tomorrow morning and we are still trying to get an appt. with endo. They are very busy people! Gotta run boy to school. Chat with ya later!

KC