5 Htp To Improve Sleep?

nforste

Hi guys,

My naturopath has recommended that I give 5 Htp a go to help with a recent bout of terrible sleep patterns. Has anyone had any success with this? For the past month or so I've been either waking up at 4:30am and not being able to get back to sleep, or waking up at 3 and not getting back to sleep until 5:30 or 6am. Needless to say, my OI symptoms are starting to flare up again and I'm constantly exhausted and can't eat without feeling sick..... I was doing pretty well until now and it's hit at a time when there are all of these end of year functions. I feel bad not going or leaving these functions early, but I just feel awful being so sleep deprived and stuck in these stuffy rooms with alcohol and all the fatty food....

I have been taking 5HTP since May and it has helped so much! Recently my rheumy increased my dose from 100mg to 200mg at bedtime. I have terrible insomnia and am also taking Doxepin 25mg. The 5HTP has really made a positive difference. Don't hesitate to try this. Sweet dreams :rolleyes: