Moving out on Thursday 12/16

Eillyre

Dear friends,

Tomorrow I'm going back to NYC to pack up my apartment -- I'll spend the night so I can supervise the movers Thursday morning. I hate to let the place go -- it was my very first apartment. Not the most beautiful of accomodations (light blue walls with pushpin holes, brick-coloured creaky floorboards, aged radiator that rebelled noisily every 2am and 4am... :) ), but it held the charm of being my very first residence as an independent adult. It was part of a dream unfolding for me.... But dream or no dream, I can't afford to pay rent on an apt I'm not able to live in, especially since there's no telling when I'll be back to dancing.

My mom will drive me up and help with packing, etc., for which I'm very thankful! I've been having a lot of trouble with fatigue, lightheadedness, headache, etc. and haven't been able to get much sleep at night (hence the late-night posts :) ), so I feel like I'm running on vapours as it is. Emotions have started to kick in, too.

Think of me and pray for endurance & unquenchable joy, if you will. Thanks for listening, all. Good night & rest peacefully!

Angela

Angela,

This must be very hard for you. Such change is always very emotional, but I'm sure it must be intensified by the fact that illness brought about this move. Try to keep your spirits high and do something for yourself (maybe in in NY? :)). While dancing may not play as big a role in it, I'm sure that you will have a very bright future. Best of luck, and I hope that you start to feel a million times better.

My prayers are with you.

B'Ahavah,

Ayelet

P.S. Just think about how much you'll laugh about your first apartment ten years from now when you're sitting in your Park Ave. penthouse with all your friends, feeling in the best of health. :)

Guest tearose

Hi Angela, Good luck with the move. It sure is a cold day to move so have your hot chocolate ready! I think beginnings are so refreshing! I hope this change brings many new and good things your way!

I will also pray for your continued endurance, and joy! You do know it is all there for you! Just continue to honor your path...tearose

I certainly understand the pride you felt in having your own place. My first place was a horrible little thing, but I loved it because of what it represented.

Just keep reminding yourself that this is only temporary, and your next place will be just as special.

Don't push yourself too much as you go through the transition. And continually look for the opportunities this will afford you. Every experience can be positive in some way if you are open to that idea.

Angela,

I have read some of your posts and wanted to wish you luck with the move. You made a tough decision, but it seems like the right one. I live in NY and it's a tough place to live in with POTS, with all of the sights and sounds and difficulty getting around. I hope you will be back on your feet and back here soon!

In the meanwhile, it is wonderful that you are able to live with your family and that they can support you through this.

-Rita

Dear Angela,

You won't be that far away from NYC In New Jersey. I think we have done more in NYC from NJ than when we lived in Manhattan many moons ago. I agree that it definitely a fun place to live for younger than I am , but I know on days I feel particularly rotten, I am glad not to have all the extra sensory overload. I hope your move goes smoothly. WELCOME BACK TO NEW JERSEY! Martha

Angela, look at all the good memories you take with you from this first apt! And don't forgot all the things you did NOT like, so that when you are ready to get another place, whether NY or another city, you will look for one that is just what you want. So good your Mom is going with you. It will be emotional and a good hug every so often will help you through it. As others have said this move home is temporary. Remember to take breaks so you don't overdo.

Guest Mary from OH

Ange;a-

Sorry you have to let your appt go. And I know it's during Nutcracker season. I'm so sad for you. :):):(

But, I'll pray that you're able to dance one day again... soon!! It's in your blood, it'll never go away!!!

Hi all! Just want to drop you a quick note before I head back to the couch to thanks you all for your thoughts and prayers!

All my stuff is now sitting in my parents' living room, but it all arrived safe and sound -- I was very blessed to have fabulous movers. I'm very worn out, but everything has run smoothly. My dad ended up having a day off (his meeting was cancelled), so he's helping me get my room straightened up. I'm feeling very optimistic and and looking forward to decorating my little nook. Thanks again everyone!

Angela

Guest tearose

Hi Angela, keep resting. Isn't it nice when the great coincidences happen...your dad was able to help because his meeting was cancelled! Make your space special! best wishes, tearose