Disability question-could this be good or bad

danelle

Hi, I just spoke with my disability worker today. i am at the reconsideration stage. She said that they needed one more piece of info before they could close my case. She said they needed a letter from my boss stating my functional abililities. SO I called my boss (ex-I had to resign in June) and she was absolutely wonderful! She said she would do whatever it takes to help me :):)

To make it short, I gave her some info and the letter from my GP. She is going to write me a letter and fax it to them tomorrow :)

Question-DOes this mean that they may give it to me this time if they get a good letter? Or is this just part of the process? My thought is, if they were going to turn me down then they wouldn't even ask for it. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. I can't bare the thought of being denied again and waiting 16+months for just the hearing.

WHat do you all think? Mary, are you there? THis is a good one for you.

Thanks to all, gotta go hit the ibuprofen :);)

Guest tearose

I also was asked for more information on my second try and was also denied. I then went to the ALJ hearing and am now waiting for the decision. The judge needed more information from a former employer. I turned for help to an attorney for this last step because I was worn out from this ordeal. He (attorney) finally got the additional information out to the judge last week. I was just told I should hear within the next month. tearose

I was asked for more info at every step of the way and finally got it, after 2 years, at the hearing level. My husband went all the way to the hearing level with them asking for more info all the way too; then the judge sent him to 2 more doctors - and he had CAT scans showing both frontal lobes of his brain had atrophied!!!

I would have to agree with the others. I would say it's not either good or bad. At this point in the process I'm convinced that you have to be absolutely lucky to get approved at the first or second level. We are waiting for a date to go in front of a judge at this point. We have been so disappointed, I'm not sure what will happen.

Looks like I got my hopes up for nothing :) I think the whole process is ridiculous. I realize they are trying to weed out the people who really don't need disability(and I know a few of those personally) but the ironic thing about it is, they usually get it pretty quickly. Figure that one out. Those of us who have worked for years and have put our money into it should be able to get "our" money back when it is absolutely necessary.

I wish everyone else good luck who is going through this process, it sounds like we all are going to need it.

It's good to be back on the site :) , I hope I can continue to post. I know when I do, it always makes me feel better, even though it's hard to do sometimes.

Oh, and I just dearly LOVE my bracelet! I wear it with great pride, my husband wears his everyday too!