"Foul Weather Friend"

Tommyhoney

Hello to all,

I've realized over the past few months, that I tend not to frequent this wonderful place, when I feeling "on the better side." Thus the title of this post, and for that I apologize.

You have all been so helpful and supportive to me over the years, some of you without even knowing, and for that I am so very thankful.

I've had a rough past couple of months, with some high stress, and during those times, my adrenaline seems to keep me going, as I don't crash until the dust settles, like right now. This is a fully anticipated (but still dreaded) crash- I'm at the part now that makes me think I'll never feel any better than this.

I guess I'm wallowing. I have little patience with myself for that, so it's not a "good look."

I do, also, have a question for everyone- I was wondering if a Chiropractic adjustment has ever caused anyone to be more symptomatic? As I said I anticipated this, but it came on like a mack truck, following a pretty strenuous chiro visit on Mon.

Just a curiosity, rising from my boredom.

Peace, to all of you.

Hello to all,

I've realized over the past few months, that I tend not to frequent this wonderful place, when I feeling "on the better side." Thus the title of this post, and for that I apologize.

You have all been so helpful and supportive to me over the years, some of you without even knowing, and for that I am so very thankful.

I've had a rough past couple of months, with some high stress, and during those times, my adrenaline seems to keep me going, as I don't crash until the dust settles, like right now. This is a fully anticipated (but still dreaded) crash- I'm at the part now that makes me think I'll never feel any better than this.

I guess I'm wallowing. I have little patience with myself for that, so it's not a "good look."

I do, also, have a question for everyone- I was wondering if a Chiropractic adjustment has ever caused anyone to be more symptomatic? As I said I anticipated this, but it came on like a mack truck, following a pretty strenuous chiro visit on Mon.

Just a curiosity, rising from my boredom.

Peace, to all of you.

Oh Tommyhoney, you are welcome anytime. I wish NONE of us had the need to be here :rolleyes: I have never been to a chiro before, but it makes complete sense that a vigorous manipulation could have a big effect on you. Somewhere I have heard that those with ANS symptoms should avoid chiropractors for that reason.

Many here do similar types of therapies called different things: integrative manual therapy, myofascial indirect therapy, craniosacral therapy, etc. all focusing on getting the body to heal itself through LIGHT touch. As a matter of fact, my son's ped at Hopkins INSISTS on this therapy to get Mack to a higher level of functioning. It has always helped, BUT in the short term he's gotten worse. May be what's happening to you now....

Drink lots of water. I don't know why that helps, but after each session, Mack's osteopath hand him 2-3 bottles of water. Mack swears that if he drinks it- it helps alleviate any short term side effects.

Feel better & drop in on a sunny day too :D

Julie

Sorry you are having a hard time, but at least it sounds like you've had some decent progress as well.

As far as the chiro I feel like I have quite a bit of experience with this subject. For one, I am married to one, but started getting adjusted way before I even met or married him. I have been adjusted for about 9 years now with the diversified technique (manually) with no problem. When I started to develop POTS it seemed to be a catch 22 (is that right?) for me. I started to not feel like I was able to to "handle" the adjustment and not getting good results, but if I didn't get adjusted I was in so much pain. When I am in pain and feel like my spine is a wreck my heartrates are about 15 bpm higher. What to do? Well, about 2 months ago we just changed the technique. I now drive 4 hours to see an Atlas Orthogonal chiro. I had AMAZING results with this. It is a very specific and you are adjusted by an instrument that is the size of an ink pen. I honestly couldn't believe that something so gentle (you barely feel it) worked so well with my POTS symptoms. I walked around an entire week with heartrates in the 70's. That hasn't happened in well over a year. So, my suggestion would be to just use a different technique because yes anything too "forceful" can have a negative impact on me. I had a very intense accupressure massage and had one of the biggest crashes I have experienced afterwards.

See if you can find an Atlas Orthogonal chiro anywhere near you. They are very hard to find as not many practice this technique. Hence the reason we drive 4 hours. :(

Good luck and hope you get to feeling better.

So sorry you're crashing, and sorry for all that stress that precipitated this dreaded event. Just remember that this, too, shall pass. Unfortunately it stinks when you're in the midst of it. I will tell you that I have also had an increase of symptoms (not a full fledged crash) after an adjustment. That's not the usual for me, though, but it has happened. Sounds like Ashelton80 is a good resource on this subject. Mack's mom brought up the valuable point of water. Definately a good idea. Any time tissue is manipulated it can have a dehydrating effect on the tissue. Also, anytime tissue is manipulated, waste/toxins can be released. Water is then our friend to both rehydrate and help wash that waste away. I hope you are feeling better soon...and maybe you can find an Atlas Orthognal chiro closer than four hours from you! (Ouch, Ashelton80, that's a drive!...I guess it's feast or famine because I have two within a half hour from me...haven't tried them yet)

So sorry you're crashing, and sorry for all that stress that precipitated this dreaded event. Just remember that this, too, shall pass. Unfortunately it stinks when you're in the midst of it. I will tell you that I have also had an increase of symptoms (not a full fledged crash) after an adjustment. That's not the usual for me, though, but it has happened. Sounds like Ashelton80 is a good resource on this subject. Mack's mom brought up the valuable point of water. Definately a good idea. Any time tissue is manipulated it can have a dehydrating effect on the tissue. Also, anytime tissue is manipulated, waste/toxins can be released. Water is then our friend to both rehydrate and help wash that waste away. I hope you are feeling better soon...and maybe you can find an Atlas Orthognal chiro closer than four hours from you! (Ouch, Ashelton80, that's a drive!...I guess it's feast or famine because I have two within a half hour from me...haven't tried them yet)

Ok so I am really jealous that you have 2 within half an hour! I do have one about an hour and fifteen from me, but as with anything else not all dr's are created equal and I didn't like him. So 4 hours we drive. lol I am a bit biased though since the dr I see is the one that actually invented the technique. And yes he is really old! :) 83 to be exact and he still works 6 days a week! He is the best and well worth the drive. My first appointment there was a lady sitting in the waiting room who had flown in from Hawaii just to see him. She comes twice a year! So I guess my commute is a hop and skip compared to hers. :)

Thanks for the responses,

I've used Chiro's for years....just never experienced such a big crash after. It does make total sense, this "kid" was very aggressive. I'm a little better this morning....so will go back for appt I missed on Tuesday- talk to him more about this condition....My bad for assuming he knew what I was talking about, when he said he did. When will I learn.

Makes me feel like this one is my own fault.

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Good day to all.

Peace

I now drive 4 hours to see an Atlas Orthogonal chiro. I had AMAZING results with this. It is a very specific and you are adjusted by an instrument that is the size of an ink pen. I honestly couldn't believe that something so gentle (you barely feel it) worked so well with my POTS symptoms. I walked around an entire week with heartrates in the 70's. That hasn't happened in well over a year. So, my suggestion would be to just use a different technique because yes anything too "forceful" can have a negative impact on me. I had a very intense accupressure massage and had one of the biggest crashes I have experienced afterwards.

See if you can find an Atlas Orthogonal chiro anywhere near you. They are very hard to find as not many practice this technique. Hence the reason we drive 4 hours. :(

Do you know anything about chiros that practice nucca techniques ? Nat'l Upper Cervical Chiropractor Assoc They had a remarkable study on blood pressure.

Years ago, when I was facilitating the local pain group, I had an atlas chiro in for a presentation. I really don't understand the differences between these techniques.

I am very leery of anyone touching my neck yet have pretty much constant pain from it.

I now drive 4 hours to see an Atlas Orthogonal chiro. I had AMAZING results with this. It is a very specific and you are adjusted by an instrument that is the size of an ink pen. I honestly couldn't believe that something so gentle (you barely feel it) worked so well with my POTS symptoms. I walked around an entire week with heartrates in the 70's. That hasn't happened in well over a year. So, my suggestion would be to just use a different technique because yes anything too "forceful" can have a negative impact on me. I had a very intense accupressure massage and had one of the biggest crashes I have experienced afterwards.

Do you know anything about chiros that practice nucca techniques ? Nat'l Upper Cervical Chiropractor Assoc They had a remarkable study on blood pressure.

Years ago, when I was facilitating the local pain group, I had an atlas chiro in for a presentation. I really don't understand the differences between these techniques.

I am very leery of anyone touching my neck yet have pretty much constant pain from it.

Reen sorry it has taken me so long to respond. They are very similar techniques. The only difference is that atlas orthogonal uses an instrument and NUCCA tends to use their hands. I have been adjusted by a NUCCA dr once and I didn't think it did a thing. The first time I was adjusted by an atlas orthogonal dr I could feel immediately a difference. I think the nucca doc was new and he didn't palpate my neck before and after. He only checked my feet so I had no clue whether or not it did anything. But as far as the difference they both take the same extensive xrays, do leg checks and are very very light and non invasive. You basically don't feel either one. Just like everything else what technique works for one might not work for another. I just so happen to have great results with AO. It was also a difference in experience where the nucca doc had 2 yrs versus the AO doc having 50 yrs.

My neck is in constant pain as well and my atlas is rotated down and to the left. When he found my listing and adjusted (took a couple of visits to find right one) but when he did I can't tell you how much nerve pressure was relieved. It is really amazing. I just wish I could get down there more often. :( I am actually in quite a bit of pain at the moment and my POTS has been bad lately.