Long Time No See!

poppetkazutaka

I was doing okay...it seems I don't come here as often when I'm manageable. I've been obsesed with finishing my book, too, so I haven't been online much because of that. But I've had some headaches and such, and I guess I've gravitated back here because I'm confused again.

I'm on Topiramate 150 x 2 a day, and now Gabapentin 300 x 2 a day, and I don't understand how I can still have migraines and numbness in my face, fingers, and toes. It would appear to me that there's something else going on. I'm also waking up at the exact same time every morning. (4:10-4:14am) wide awake. I'm not panicking, I'm just ready to go as if something woke me straight out of a REM cycle.

It's not normal.

I eat constantly and I'm hard pressed to keep weight on. I'm tired, but I go go go constantly. The first couple of nights I was on the Gabapentin were a dream because I slept and felt great the next day. But now I'm back to how I was, plus feeling drunk.

There's no relief.

Good to see you! I really needed 1800mg/day of gabapentin to notice any difference in my pain, but even with that dose it didn't help enough to stay on it. My mom is also on 1800mg/day for her burning skin and it does help her. I was up to 2700mg/day, but that just made me drowsier. Best wishes that you can finish your book and get to the bottom of things!

Good to see you! I really needed 1800mg/day of gabapentin to notice any difference in my pain, but even with that dose it didn't help enough to stay on it. My mom is also on 1800mg/day for her burning skin and it does help her. I was up to 2700mg/day, but that just made me drowsier. Best wishes that you can finish your book and get to the bottom of things!

I don't think I could work on that amount of Gabapentin! I barely functioned today as it was. @_@ I wonder if they have to slowly step it up...

Happy Birthday! I am on topiramate 50 mg 2X day and in the beginning I had tingling sensations in my hands, feet and jaw. I started it in May and the sensations lasted awhile. Diet soda taste metallic too. Now there are no sensations and never a headache. It also seems to keep my blood pressure spikes down and calmed down my nervous system. Hope it works for you.

Happy Birthday! I am on topiramate 50 mg 2X day and in the beginning I had tingling sensations in my hands, feet and jaw. I started it in May and the sensations lasted awhile. Diet soda taste metallic too. Now there are no sensations and never a headache. It also seems to keep my blood pressure spikes down and calmed down my nervous system. Hope it works for you.

Oh, I've been on Topiramate for about...two years now? So I'm sure it isn't that. I haven't had an increase in it for about six months. The tingling sensations just started recently, and the migraines -which is why I'm on the Topiramate- have been getting worse.