Dr. Tullo

sparksc1

I?ve been seeing Dr. Tullo every month or two for almost two years now, ever since discovering I had POTS and then finding him on dinet?s physicians list. He?s up on the latest research and treatment methods, including Dr. Levine?s exercise program, and very knowledgeable about different medications, their interactions and how and why they do what they do for us. Most of all, unlike most doctors who tell you what to do, he takes the time to listen and works with you to come up with an appropriate plan.

Tell him Simmy says hi.

Ive been seeing Dr. Tullo every month or two for almost two years now, ever since discovering I had POTS and then finding him on dinets physicians list. Hes up on the latest research and treatment methods, including Dr. Levines exercise program, and very knowledgeable about different medications, their interactions and how and why they do what they do for us. Most of all, unlike most doctors who tell you what to do, he takes the time to listen and works with you to come up with an appropriate plan.

Tell him Simmy says hi.

What medications did he suggest for you? Im curious about a couple and hoping he will let me try them.

He fervently believes in trial and error when it comes to POTS and meds, so trying a new one has never been an issue.

He has prescribed, at one point or another, Verapamil, Metoprolol, Fludrocortisone (Florinef), Desmopressin (DDAVP), Midodrine, Mestinon, Cymbalta and Propranolol. I?m currently taking only Verapamil, Propranolol and Desmopressin, which seems to be the best combination so far for me, with an occasional Midodrine when I need a BP boost.

Stimulants have been reported to help with brain fog, but that?s a secondary and relatively minor symptom for me compared to tachycardia and all the other fun stuff, which some have also reported worsening with stimulants. Besides, my coffee and Nicorette gum stimulate me enough as it is.

MM - Of all the doctors I've seen since this all started for me two years ago, he's the first and only one I actually look forward to seeing, because I know my questions will be answered and not ignored. He's a good guy. I just have to convince him to put a recliner in his waiting room for the exclusive use of his POTS patients.

I have not seen him but he is also one of the physicians that answers questions for our column in the newsletter. His information including the name of the practice he works at etc was included when he joined the team of doctors for our column.... I want to say hm.. maybe 4 editions ago? If you check some of the older newsletters you should be able to find it.

http://www.dinet.org/newsletter.htm