How Much Do We Have In Common

lissy

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have more question but only let me post 3???

Anyway this is just brainstorming and researching I'm a bit compulsive about causes.

Thanks for participating

I'm at an age (53) where everyone I know smoked marijuana in high school and college. If marijuana were the cause of dysautonomia then lots of people would have it.

I have more question but only let me post 3???

Anyway this is just brainstorming and researching I'm a bit compulsive about causes.

Thanks for participating

I'm at an age (53) where everyone I know smoked marijuana in high school and college. If marijuana were the cause of dysautonomia then lots of people would have it.

LOL well I just recently read some information on synthetic marijuana(spice gold all that stuff,actual incense) that was being sold in gas-stations and head shops and I was reading the medical facts about it and how it binds the the neurotransmitters and what the difference it had with how THC binds to the transmitters which had me thinking about some permanent autonomic nervous system problems . I should have added I wasn't talking about experimental use I'm speaking of BIG time smoking like *years ,daily ,every other day. I'll also add I was a BIG time smoker 13 years and didn't really notice my POTS symptoms until I finally quit and trying it after the 1st major so called panic attack I could never handle it again. Just an idea after I read this information was causing tachy ,blood pressure issues, central nervous system dysfunction and some other crazy problems, and no I'm not saying us on this site are smoking incense.

Interesting. I smoked regularly from about age 13 to 20. The funny thing is that I never really liked it all that much and would often feel "sick' afterward. Like I was about to pass out. I'd get lightheaded and weird from it. I think I kept trying to like it and kept on doing it because all my friends did. Years later I read it can cause low blood pressure which was most likely the reason I was having a problem with it. I have been a fainter my whole life and using a substance that lowers BP was the last thing I needed. I wouldn't smoke it now if you paid me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

THC has some interesting effects. 80% of the cannabanoid receptors in the body are actually peripheral (not in brain or spine) and have immunomodulating qualities - that is they can modulate immune system activity or inflammation. Its pretty doubtful but possible that this could trigger autoimmunity.

Personally it never agreed with me much. I smoked it a few times at university but I was much more a drinker. I tried it post POTS and two of the three times it made me profoundly worse and one time it seemed to help a little from a 1 toke of a joint. I know a guy that smokes it for someting else and he claims it helps.

Thirdly, abberant hypermethylation of the NET gene promoter has been implicated in POTS and who knows - perhaps longterm THC could trigger that. But probably a long shot.

As for the powerstation - probably more likely. Who knows what long term exposure to electromagnetic radiation can do. Not to mention short term exposure from computer screens and its effect on melatonin.