Just Stopping By With Good News

Notgivinup

Hi guys, I haven't been on in a while. Last time here was when I wrote to tell about my horrid appt. with a new neuro. Since that day, oddly enough, I began to improve. He told me to see my shrink. I left crying and disappointed once again. I KNOW this wasn't all in my head, but I saw my psychiatrist anyway because I was due for my 3 month med. check (the very next day). We decided to increase my cymbalta to 90mg. I started feeling better immediately. I feel pretty normal most days.The only thing that I feel isn't quite back to normal is my cognitive abilities.

I do still have to watch heat, and I don't consider myself cured, but this is the longest stretch of time I've gone feeling good. I don't know why, I don't know how, and I still don't know the underlying cause for my POTs, despite 3 years and many, many tests. I wish I could tell you guys I did something different, or tried a new medication, but the truth is I just don't know what made me turn the corner. Milk? I started drinking. Upping the cymbalta? Resigned myself to stop fighting so hard? Prayer? Relaxation/meditation? These are the only things I changed.

I don't know if I'll slip back. I know cold and flu season is coming, and I fear that could do it. But right now I'm just enjoying having most of "me" back again.

I just wanted to post this to give everyone HOPE. I had given up. Even though I said I never would, that last doctor visit just did me in. And FWIW I got sick at 43yrs. old. NOT young, so anyone can recover.

Peace and Love to all my friends.

So glad to hear that you are feeling better!! That's great news and I hope it continues for a long time!

With all the overlap between the mind, body and spirit and the neurotransmitters all being involved in so many different functions in the body, who knows what happens that makes us better. I know at one point last year I noticed when I doubled my Bupropion I had a lot less fatigue, but I was afraid that if my doctor heard he'd assume it really "was all in my head." When I was having months of diarrhea and had lost 20 pounds and first started Bupropion several years ago it helped the diarrhea. When I mentioned that to my GI doc HIS response was "I don't believe for a minute that all of this was just stress but there are so many seratonin receptors in the gut, it may have had an effect."

So, who knows why or how or what... but it's great that you are feeling better and able to enjoy the fact that you ARE! Since none of us have any control over what WILL happen, all we can do is enjoy, acknowledge and celebrate the good that is happening when it does.

Thanks for sharing your progress with us. :)

Yay! I'm so happy that something is working for you and you're feeling better. Sometimes an SSRI really can make a difference in how we're feeling, because really, many of us actually do have some anxiety or depression in our backgrounds. I take Paxil and I know it makes a difference to me, even in feeling that there is hope - as you've shown us!

Enjoy your days and let us know how you're doing as this continues for you!

Cheers,

Jana

Yay! My fingers are crossed that this good spell will become your new normal. The BEST thing I have found for improvement of cognitive issues is turmeric. It also helped greatly with my fatigue. (Alas, I developed an allergic reaction) so it was relatively short-lived, but you might want to give it a try.

I agree. Fighting docs and feeling the need to prove something makes us worse. I love your new attitude & I pray you feel better & better.

Hugs-

Julie

Great to hear that you are feeling better ... no matter how long it lasts :) Enjoy the time you have feeling like you again and don't worry about the "what ifs" or "whens"...just enjoy now :)

Lissy, I believe it's only been 2-3 months? I'd have to look back when I last posted because it was the day after that things got better. It doesn't sound like a long time, however 2 or 3 months of EVERYDAY feeling good feels like forever. When you are soooo sick for so long, (3 yrs.)and you start doing things again, you just can't believe you get another day, then another one. It's like OMG, things that were impossibly hard to do seem so simple now.

Peace and Love

Edited to add oops, this was suppose to go under Lissys post!