Syncope and loss of bowel/bladder control

Does anyone else have pre-syncope episodes where in addition to appearing in a drunk-like state and losing coordination you also lose control of your bowel and/or bladder? My husband's NCS is mostly under control but he still has what I call an occasional 'melt down" where he appears to be drunk, slurring of words, body becomes rubbery and he loses coordination in addition to control of his bladder. So, while he isn't passing out totally he is still incapacitated. This has been his main form of syncope for the past several years - his twin does not experience the drunken symptoms but instead hits the floor, totally out, many times with accompanying seizures.

What a mess. Just wondering is anyone else experiences this and if you have any ideas.

Guest Julia59

Usually loss of bladder and bowel control could mean it may be related to the brain stem area. He has probably been through many tests, but maybe an MRI on his brain and upper cervical spine if it continues or gets worse. The other symptoms relate also.

Julie :0)

thanks for the suggestion but he has had an MRI and MRA of the brain and upper spine and everything came back fine. I think this must just be his particular form of syncope. I remember someone on the NDRF site had the exact similars symptoms but I haven't seen any posts from that person in a long time. I also read an article in the past that included loss of bladder as one of the forms of syncope but of course I can't put my finger on it now.

I have only had one episode of lose of bladder control and that was after fainting. Sorry, but I have no real advice to give. Once in a while I do have trouble getting kind of "out of it" as my hubby calls it. It usually happens when we have been doing alot of running around and he knows it is time to head home.

Blackwolf