What Has Pots Stopped You From Doing?

It's almost a year since POTS took over my life. I've been fighting back as hard as I can. I lost my job, had to sell my truck, and lost most of my friends. None of those things matter anymore. I miss my life.

Last Sunday was my birthday. I was trying to help setup a backyard BBQ but after about 10 minutes outside I ended up passing out and fell over a chair in the backyard. My wife who has done 110% of everything for me since this started had to pick me up and carry me back to my hospital bed. So I spent my birthday with an ice pack on my ribs, bruises on my elbow, knee and ankle.

I won't let it stop me. I refuse to give up and lay in bed all day, every day. I'm willing to take the chance that this will happen again so that I can spend as much time as possible being normal.

I quote Rodney Dangerfield from Back to School, Do Not Go Quietly....

ALL of you specifically are in my prayers for respite and peace, healing, renewed hope, pleasant surprises, energy out of nowhere, courage, and a palpable sense of worthiness, wellbeing, confidence, and love.......tons of love. I so pray for that surprising out of nowhere sense that things are 'okay' & things will improve around the corner......& that they most assuredly do improve for you. And improve within minutes or hours of me typing this. I pray you realize how exceptional you are and giving and courageous ~ and that others might refresh you and bring you joy ....... Whether it's POTS or some other obscure debilitating illness -- you are heroes in writing your hearts in this thread......showing all just how amazing you are - even and perhaps most especially here in your days agonies........ May sweet peace envelope you and keep you steady on your path seeking all that is good for you and those you hold dear.... I do very much care.

ALL of you specifically are in my prayers for respite and peace, healing, renewed hope, pleasant surprises, energy out of nowhere, courage, and a palpable sense of worthiness, wellbeing, confidence, and love.......tons of love. I so pray for that surprising out of nowhere sense that things are 'okay' & things will improve around the corner......& that they most assuredly do improve for you. And improve within minutes or hours of me typing this. I pray you realize how exceptional you are and giving and courageous ~ and that others might refresh you and bring you joy ....... Whether it's POTS or some other obscure debilitating illness -- you are heroes in writing your hearts in this thread......showing all just how amazing you are - even and perhaps most especially here in your days agonies........ May sweet peace envelope you and keep you steady on your path seeking all that is good for you and those you hold dear.... I do very much care.

Your prayer is beautiful!

I am trying to be positive as I write this and thankful that unlike a lot of people in the world, I am not suffering from a life threatening illness and that some weeks I am even able to work 40-60 hours, although then I have days like today where I am stuck laying in bed... I tried to read and couldn't focus on the words, and even showering sitting down in my shower chair made me feel the way I imagine I would if I were hit by a truck...

POTS has made me lose a lot of friendships, although it makes me sad.. I also think that those people who I called friends were not truly friends if something like an illness that is completely out of my control, made me lose those people...and I am thankful for the true friends and family members who I am sure get frustrated with me but are still here for me...

The one thing that POTS has taken away from me (Ehlers Danlos and my family history plays a part too), is having children. I never ever considered that for any reason I would not be able to have children. Although I am physically able to conceive after many discussions with my doctors etc, I have made the decision that for many reasons, it would not be fair for me to have children and there would be no way for me to raise them... I don't know anyway to describe it but to say that it really, really *****. Every time I see a baby I still get teary eyed. I know that it has to be that way, but it does not make it any easier. So for that reason alone.... I hate this illness.

A few less important things POTS has stopped me from doing: laying in the sun, traveling, going to grad school, volunteering.

hi..

I tryed to read all the replys, didnt quiet make it... I have been aflicted whit this on one way ore another my hole life. But it gradualy grow stronger. I dont know how i would be whit out it anymore, pots is most of my life. But i am still me. I think the illnes has given me stuff to. But it as taken more, much more. Thats ust me being straigth about it.

But isnt it so that one has to take the good whit the bad <_< I think venting is importan, venting and getting it all out makes it posible to stay positiv..=) for me it does...

The right day a list might be cleansing, but not today. I dont feel like crying...

Everything, it has robbed me of the life i expected to have, a normal life where you are not controlled by this illness or compromised by your every move ... i miss the freedom to do what i wanted when i wanted, no social life, i miss dancing enjoying myself letting my hair down , having a drink of alcholol now and then, cant plan anything, allways letting peolpe down becasue your to fatigued to take part in any thing ... being made old before my time ... soooo much has been lost and replaced with struggles ..