mistletoe tea

goldicedance

Guest tearose

I found this on the web.

Mistletoe Tea

Ingredients:

Mistletoe (European), R/O Water, 12% Alcohol.

Description:

Mistletoe is an antispasmodic, hypotensive, diuretic, and nervine.

Uses:

Lowers blood pressure and soothes the nervous system. Helps with arteriosclerosis and tumors.

Methodology:

Use 6-12 drops in juice, water, under the tongue or as desired. May be taken 3 times daily. Shake well. Store in cool dark place. Keep out of reach of children.

WARNING:

Some consider Mistletoe to be poisonous. Use with caution.

I'd be real careful! Have you considered black licorice? Licorice has similar benefits and it's not considered poisonous. tearose

• 5 years later...

thought i would ask if anyone has tried this. i have relatives with who it has helped that have had cancer and other issues.

http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_mistletoe.htm

Actually, both kinds of mistletoe contain toxic proteins that are very similar in their chemical composition. These are designated phoratoxin when isolated from Phoradendron species and viscotoxins when obtained from various subspecies of Viscum album. Contrary to the folkloric reputation of the respective plants containing them, phoratoxin and the viscotoxins produced similar effects when injected into test animals. These included hypotension, slowing and weakening of the heartbeat, and constriction of the blood vessels in the skin and skeletal muscles. However, it must be noted that the effects of these toxins following oral administration in human beings have not been studie

it can cause constriction of blood vessels but lower BP?