Provigil

I've tried Ritalin and Adderall both make me so shaky and weak, it almost made the exhaustion feel worse. I wonder if when the cause of exhaustion is mitochondrial if these amphetamines make thing worse, when there is a shortage of ATP you just can't increase a cells output. Just another question I guess. I do hope you find something that helps with your fatigue.

My son has tried the array as well and settled on Concerta. The issues with provigil were several. It took a pretty high dosage to feel an effect AND the effect wore off quickly. With the initial prescribed dosage, he was unable to get out of bed. His doc upped it, but he ultimately became immune to the new dose & felt like he needed more unlike with the other stimulants. AND, this was worse of all as difficulty eating has been huge for him- it KILLED his appetite.

I think it's worth a try. Everyone reacts differently. Let us know what it does for you.

Julie

I tried NuVigil (armodafinil) which is the slower metabolized half of the ProVigil blend (so it tapers off slower). I think to push the dose high enough for effect for our purposes, it might make more sense to stick with ProVigil so that it wears off quicker after peak. However, I've never tried ProVigil personally. I didn't notice a lot of "physical" fatigue relief from NuVigil (which is intermittent for me anyway), but did note some mild help with mental concentration. I think I'd have needed a higher dose to know more.

There is also this article (in summary here) to support ProVigil's potential to help a decent number of folks:

http://journals.lww.com/americantherapeuti...ment.99769.aspx

Has anyone ever tried Provigil for fatigue/tiredness? My doctor prescribed Ritalin and Vyvanse in the past and I find these can be helpful, but increase my fatigue when they wear off. Experiences/opinions appreciated!

I tried Provigil years ago. It helped with the fatigue but not completely. I have had the best luck with the short acting Adderal.

Has anyone ever tried Provigil for fatigue/tiredness? My doctor prescribed Ritalin and Vyvanse in the past and I find these can be helpful, but increase my fatigue when they wear off. Experiences/opinions appreciated!

I tried Provigil a few years back. I didn't' notice any difference on it..But then I don't have the best of luck with meds.;)

I tried Provigil once. It didn't help the faitgue, but it did give me insomnia!

I have been taking provigil for years. I get a significant benefit from it.

When I first started taking it, I got insomnia. This went away over time (it took months...)

Initially, it made me jumpy in the mornings too. It still does this, a little, but ritalin/adderall are worse. Provigil doesn't cause a crash when it wears off.

I can't afford provigil through a U.S. pharmacy. I buy mine as "modalert" from an overseas pharmacy.