Whatever I Eat Before Noon Gives Me Hypoglycemic Symptoms

I was referring to the food allergy... it doesn't seem like it would only effect me in the morning if it were an allergy. I have eaten those same foods at night without the same response.

No, your response will be different at different times of day because the hormones in your body that keep bp low are at their peak in the morning and then lessen across the day. Check out information on cortisol, as well as catecholamines--you can find all of this on the main DINET/POTSplace website. This is why mornings tend to be so hard for so many of us.

Nina

ETA: Thanks Mighty, for the recipe!

It sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to me also. You may just be feeling it more in the morning b/c you haven't been exposed to an allergens while your sleeping and your stomach is empty. Monitor yourself after you eat those same foods later in the day and see if you aren't having some kind of reactions. You might not feel as bad b/c you have other food digesting at the time, but you might still be having a reaction.

Didn't read all the replies but this happens to me at times and used to be really bad for me...what helped me was/is a lot of fluid, some salt, and more protein/fats and eating small meals. I think in my case, blood pools more in the AM than in the PM and when I eat a larger meal or more carbs, more blood pools in my abdomen, causing these symptoms.

Thanks again everyone!

The reason I do not think it is food allergies is because I have done a lot of research on food allergies and it just doesn't feel like it fits to me. My daughter has non-IgE-mediated food allergies (dairy, soy, tomato, eggs) so I have done a lot of reading on the topic. It sounds likely that I would since an imediate family member does, but I'm just not feeling it. I know it wouldn't hurt to try and elimination diet though, but it so incredible hard as it is to feed my daughter her diet. If I had to prepare two separate diets in order for us to both get the nutrition we need, I just don't know what I'd do.

I guess I could have mentioned that besides the eggs, my breakfasts usually never include my daughter's allergens. Most of the time I'm at home in the am eating with her. It is true though that when I was nursing her I did not eat any of her allergens and my POTS symptoms did not flare back up so badly until I weened her (at 18 mos) and my periods came back regularly as well. I guess there's only one way to know if it is the menstrual cycles or the food that caused that reaction.