Pain is getting a little too much

blackwolf

I guess just about everyone has been there, done that, but I'm just about going nuts. I have tried everything I know and I'm still not doing much. I can no longer stomach ( they come right up after about 20-25 minutes) tylenol and iburophen. Asprin and aleve didn't help and my doc wasn't in this weekend, I'm waiting for morning to call to try to get in to see someone. Worst of all, my tramadol, which usually works, didn't and I only had one left. My muscles are stiff and VERY painfull and my joints fill like they are stuck in place. I can hardly walk and typing is really nasty. Sleeping is not happening either (again). I have tried heat and cold, even borrowed a masseger from my folks and still can't relax. If I sit up to long, my muscles start to burn, especially my neck, shoulders and chest. It really hurts even to breath. I'm freezing and I'm not running a temp. (96.4) I am still drinking and taking my vits. and mins. but the idea of eating is just to much. My hubby is worried as his fab back rub (which usually snap, crackles and pops me back in shape) didn't work. I stretched and did my weights like always, but still nothing is working right. :);):(:):(

OK, I feel all vented out now. Thank you for letting me ramble on.

Blackwolf

PS I am also have the mother of charlie horses (shires and clydsdales) all over.

I've had enough and I'm heading back to the couch, nite all.

:( Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad - I hope you get some relief tomorrow atleast when your doctor comes in. I don't have any wise advice to offer but I hope that if you went to lay on the couch, that maybe you will luckily fall asleep :):) I wish I could sleep good at night. I am so wired it is terrible. Last night I put up my Christmas decorations which took every last bit of strength out of me and I couldn't get out of bed today until about 2pm - Could you imagine? It takes me usually 1-2 days to recover from anything that uses even the slightest bit of physical exertion. If I'm like this at 35 yrs old, could ya see me at 50? ;) Oh well, feel better Blackwolf. Good night, Beth in NJ

You going through what I call my robot body. My pain is under control at the moment and I want to tell you what medication I am on. The brufen you are talking about gave me horrible tummy problems. I eventually could not eat without feeling sick. I now take Tripaleen at nighttime and 4 Panado's a day. I hope you have Panado's in your Country. I can find out the active ingredient for you. The Panado’s work excellent. I even have the added bonus that for some reason if I take two I just want to sleep. The Panado’s work better for me than any other painkiller I have ever taken. I also go for injections when I get as bad as you are. It is a local anaesthetic injection with Cortisone sometimes. It works instantly! The relief is amazing. But I must mention I only do the very bad areas. I could keep my doctor busy all day with my painful body.

What helps allot with the robot feeling is Yoga. I do it no matter what I feel like and it truly helps the joints and pain. Don’t you have a dog as well if I recall correctly. Jasmine loves doing Yoga with me and it helps to have her around when I am in pain and very unhappy. Try doing Yoga with a dog loving you from all sides. Guaranteed good mood and fun.

Jasmine is just amazing. This morning again she woke me up, got me out of bed and took me through breakfast. Mornings are so much easier with her in my life. :)

Thinking of you. Hope you feel better soon.

Blackwolf, I can't remember...is this a new symptom for you? I don't know the cause for your muscle and joint pain, but I felt the same way a few years ago before I was finally dx'd with celiac. I could hardly get out of bed because my joints and muscles hurt so badly. As Ling mentioned, I find yoga or gentle stretching is helpful or a hot bath if you can stand it. I've never heard of the Panoda pain killer she's talking about, but it sounds like good stuff! :) You mentioned the charlie horse cramps, so I wonder if this might be a potassium/electrolyte thing going on??

I also take a combination of glucosamine/MSM for stiff joins and a health supplement called Wobenzym. It is excellent for reducing the inflammation process in the body that contributes to arthritis pain, stiffness, etc. It works by lowering your C-reactive protein levels, (which if they're too high, can be indicative of arthritis, infection or even heart disease). Mine were high but after being on Wobenzym for 3 months they were back down to normal range and my joint aches were alleviated. It worked super for me.

Well, I'm grasping at straws here for you, but it's very late and I'm wired so I tend to ramble! :) I hope you can get some tests done and proper pain medicate to alleviate your symptoms right away. Sending hugs your way! ;)

Guest tearose

Hi Blackwolf, I am so sorry you are having this pain. I wish you could take something to help relieve the pain. You're going to wear yourself out just feeling all this pain!

As for fighting the freeze...I would hope a very warm bath would help you. When I'm that cold, I boil a kettle or two of water to add to my bath!!! Very carefully of course! I also drink herbal fruit and almond tea. If I still can't warm up I'll pile on the merino wool in layers and then if I still am cold, I discovered gel packs by the 3M company. You can either use them as ice packs or put them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to heat them up. (buy them at any drug store) I heat them up and slip them inbetween my shirt and sweater. For a last resort, climb back into bed and turn on a heating pad!

Feel better soon, tearose

Blackwolf,

I'm sorry that you are having such a difficult time. Between the pain/ stiffness and the not sleeping and being so freezing - no wonder you are so uncomfortable and don't feel like eating. Everything is going on at once. I wish I had an answer for your pain - I have heard some wonderful things about that glucosamine that Gena spoke of. I have a friend who had terrible stiffness and pain and it really helped her. And I've read great things about it. If I was freezing - I would soak in a warm tub like tearose suggested. I would also have someone go and get me an electric blanket and I'd put it on high until I felt nice and warm. The warmth could also help perhaps with the stiffness and pain. And maybe the warmth could help lull you off to sleep. It's very hard to sleep when one is cold and stiff and achy. I hope you feel better really soon.

Take good care,

Beverly

Hi Blackwolf,

I am sorry you are under such terrible pain. Maybe the stress that you have had lately triggered this episode.

I don't know what is causing the muscle pain but when I am out of salt or BB it gets really bad. My vitamin cocktail also helps.

Ernie

Thank you all!! My doc sent me home on extra strong aleve and a muscle relaxer (Soma) it is new to me. the 600mg aleve isn't helping but the soma is. still very painful though. My blood panel came back with abnoramlly high sed rate ( can anyone tell me what that is, I know it means inflamation). but everything else, cbc, vit. and min., etc. were normal. Every nite I take a hot as i can stand it shower or bath. I never though of adding epson salts, i'll see if i can find some. Earl Gray is my hot beverage of choice. I have 2-4 cups every nite.

Beverly- glucosomine is a tummy nono. thanks though

Ling- yoga is great but I can only do a few positions without getting very dizzy. I have a group of excerises i do from my pt days, i do them pain or not every day three times a day. yes i have one over protective min poodle, Coco. and one 7 month old still very hyper black cat, Gessy.

Ernie- i take extra b and mag now along with my two chewable vitamin tabs every day, any more and the tummy goes nuts.

As to the heating stuff(pads and rewarmable pads) I have several of each and just can't seem to get any warmer. Iwas warm for about an hour this am before going to my mom's to set with someone as my hubby was going shopping and I just didn't want to be alone.

Over the last few days I have this feeling of being afraid to be alone. My dog Coco must also be picking up on it as he follows me around like "a little lost dog" I love him dearly.

I am sorry to cut this off, but I am determined to go to our bible study group tonite.

Thank you all again.

Blackwolf

I hope the soma continues to help you. One of my former coworkers has TMJ and thoracic outlet syndrome--she used to get horrible jaw spasms and also back spasms. Soma is the thing that made it possible for her to continue working.

Nina

blackwolf,

i don't have anymore wisdom than was already given to you. i hope maybe the soma will help 'stop the cycle of pain.' i know that it just gets to be such a vicious cycle...the more pain, the more fight or flight, the less you sleep, the more pain, etc. etc.

sometimes i don't want to be alone either when i feel really lousy...so at least you have support...your mom...nearby when hubby isn't home. and coco of course. i don't know how i could be without a dog.

i hope you were able to go to your bible study. that is determination girlfriend!

i wish i had some tips...but i don't! sorry! just wanted to let you know you are being 'heard' here! and really...that wasn't such a long vent on your part at all! :)

here's hoping you get some sleep tonight and have a little less pain with each day...

emily

Ling-what where those drugs you were talking about, i couldn't find anything about them, though i admit i didn't try to hard.

Gena- yes the pain in the chest area has been an ongoing problem, i seem to get over it, then pow! i'm down for the count again.

Emily- thanks, yes i made it to and from bible group, kind of wish i hadn't though, i'm really tender now.

i am reconcidering the lupus test, they asked about it today. :) I guess i have to just go for it and see what happens. they have also asked about sending me for a ton of tests by an endo and a rhemy. but i can't get refurals till after the new year. I jsut can't seem to get out of this rut.

per the gluten test, it came back neg, however i'm cutting way back and hope to be off gluten shortly. i wanted to give my body time to adjust to the different sources of fiber "to keep things from getting backed up" if you know what i mean.

Again thanks all

Blackwolf

Blackwolf, I just had the same experience 2 days ago. (I was wondering if it was weather related as low pressure systems-miserable rain- were approaching and present) My lower skull, neck,shoulder and back muscles were in an excruciating painful spasm and tachycardia started up for no reason. and I went back on my Neurontin 200 mg 3 times a day, not a huge dose but it does seem to help. I also had a massage on Monday and it did nothing! I have also tried the aspirin, tylenol thing and it barely touches the pain. I have not had my sed rate checked recently but if yours is elevated it may indicate need for furthur workup. I get a little tired on the Neurontin but I am sick and tired of all this discomfort. Lying down seems to help as always but it is not always practical. Sending warm and comforting wishes your way. Martha

Jersey girl, I have the exact pain you describe whenever there is a low pressure weather system approaching. We have had 4 or 5 in the last 4 weeks and each time I get pressure and then pain in my lower skull, neck and shoulders areas. I get massages regularly and they help UNLESS the pain is weather related. The only thing that helps is when the front moves through.

Still hanging on, but mostly thanks to the soma. I am also feeling just drained, weak and shakey. The naproxen isn't really helping that much. I'm mixing my own capsapion and menthal to get a nasty smelling, but strong rub to try to help. The heating pad is also my best friend.

For those of you that brought it up, I am now gluten free, unless I missed something in one of our canned goods. I got a printout of stuff to look for, but have managed to avoid 99% of it as far as I know.

Ling-I would still like more info on those meds you mentioned, please.

As to my period, it is not and issue, thank goodness. I had a complete hystarectamy in 1999, and I DO NOT miss it. though I would have loved to have more kids, though being so sick now, I don't think it would be fair to them.

Weather related, it doesn't seem to be. Both my ankles are very good at predicting the weather, but it doesn't seem to relate to my back, neck and chest pain.

From the summer of 1987 to about 5 years ago, I used to break and train horses, so I did do alot of damage to my ankles, knees, wrists, and elbows. On Aug 8th, 1990, I had the worst riding accident of my life. I was dragged behind a running horse for about 60 yards. I dislocated my left hip, broke 11 ribs, had a concusion, torn muscles in my right leg around my knee, had road rash on 11% of my right side(back, ribs, shoulder and hip, my clothes were shredded), fractured my right wrist and have no memory of that day. I drove 425 miles and started college 4 weeks later. On many occasions I have broken more bones, had more sprains, strains, etc. than I can remember. But I have NEVER have had more trouble with chronic pain than in the last year or so. I have had 3 MRIs in my life and tons of xrays, but never have I had one doc actually try to find out why now is so terrible.

OK I'm getting a little frustrated with docs right now. But I do feel better for venting again.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!! All of your kind words make this easier to go through. The last few days have been hard. not hardly moving is not me and even on my bad days before I could get around the house. My hubby has been getting stuff for me, but I feel bad as he is already doing so much of the house wowrk as it is.

Well, I can't sit any more, so back to the couch I go. Nite all.

Blackwolf