Several Dizzy Days In A Row

Hi all, just wanted to get some thoughts... I've been really POTSy with dizziness, spinning sensation, near fainting, sometimes without any effortful activity on my part. Last night I was even dizzy partly propped up in bed...that's two nights in a row like that.

I'm wondering if maybe the high humidity has me more vasodialated (I haven't been outdoors in the 95 degree heat), and/or if the fact that I've recently shed some weight and maybe need lower dosing of some of my meds?

I did go to yoga class last night but ended up doing nearly the entire class on my knees or seated so I didn't pass out at the gym. I've decided I should skip class tonight. I'm not normally dizzy just sitting, but the past few days, that's been too much for me. Thank goodness it's the school break now, so I can stay home, otherwise I'd be using up sick days.

Thoughts? Have tried the easy stuff (increased salt, increased fluid, making sure the temp in the house is nice and cool, etc.)

Nina

p.s. on a good note, lying down all day means I have plenty of time to read, which I don't often have time for just for fun. Now on my 3rd of the Harry Potter books (Prisoner of Azkaban)--I've had the entire set for years and never took them out of the wrappers.

Nina-

I'm so jealous...The Prisoner of Azkaban was one of my favorites- so dark in a good way :P !!!

Sorry about the dizziness :( .What's your BP doing? Could something else be going on? I just had a few bad days myself....turns out I was coming down with a cold and I'd just gotten a steroid injection in my gluteus medius- OUCH! Whenever other little things are bringing my down, my autonomic stuff goes wonky. Just wondered if something else was acting up???

Hugs-

Julie

I was just gonna post about this. I have had a horrific week. I have been sooo dizzy. It has been HOT here in NJ -- like SUPER hot and humid. I feel really weird with lots of pressure in my head and the back of my neck. I am not just dizzy though -- I feel confused. I am having a really hard time focusing and thinking. My cat ran out the door and both my children are yelling "the cat, the cat" and I am just looking at her walking down the back deck like oh, duh.... and then it hit me GET THE CAT. I was playing yatzee with my son and was struggling so bad to do very simple math -- he's 6 and I'm asking him, uh what's 6 plus 8. OMG. I just feel OUT THERE -- I can't think or make simple decisions. I feel drugged. On Father's Day I was so upset and disheartened by this turn for the worse all I could was collapse on the couch and cry. IS it because of the heat???

I am getting this b/c of the heat and the intermittent rain/thunderstorms. I've gone outside a little and keep forgetting to turn the AC on. I get cold so I can't sleep with it on or keep it on all of the time. Enoy your rest, don't push yourself and hope you feel better soon.

I'm feeling otherwise pretty okay, I guess, but the spinning continues. No other changes I can think of. But then again, I'm not thinking all that quickly today. Naomi, I'm also in NJ, and it's been so vicious out. I haven't really gone outside except for the seconds between the front door an my car.

I'm hoping I feel awesome soon because I'm supposed to go on my very first kayaking trip on Saturday through the Sierra club. I'll be so bummed out if I can't go. :P

This is weird, my son, who doesn't complain of dizziness asked me last night if I stopped giving him his Fludrocortisone. I told him no, he said he has been really dizzy the last couple of days so he was just wondering. It has been extremely hot here, but he hasn't even left the house. I don't know what to think?

I have been feeling a lot of head pain these last few days- not dizzy yet but imminent I think. I stood for too long in the sun and ended up having what felt like a panic attack or rush of adrenaline. I am sure heat makes me so much worse. The headaches are dreadful and last all day. Hope you feel better from the dizzy spells soon.x

Today I made sure not to take one of my meds that tends to lower my bp, and I salt loaded last night, along with water, water, water. Helped a little bit, but geeze! I need to pull it together, b/c I'm supposed to be kayaking tomorrow morning and I'm worried I might be too tachy and spinny to deal with it. At least I'll be out on the water--and can splash myself when I need to. I'm packing lots of salty snacks and water.

Nina

Haven't there been "code orange" air alerts in NJ? I attribute my dizziness to poor air quality, full of ozone...not to mention the high heat and humidity. We are not like normal people, and tend to overreact to changes.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. Yes, weight loss can cause issues.

It also occurred to me that some of it may be ear issues... kind of forgot about this until today, but I do have a tube that fell out of my ear drum and into my middle ear. I have to have it removed, which will be next Weds. Also, the other ear doesn't have a tube, and I'm hearing crackling when I blow my nose which usually means it's all blocked up. Ugh.

Yes, we've had code orange, and I think we went to red the other day too... ozone and allergens like mad, and humidity is high. I went nuts with salt and fluid today hoping it'll patch me up enough to enjoy tomorrow's paddling. The place I'm going is in the Pine Barrens which is usually a bit cooler/shadier than other areas. Here's hoping anyway! I can always come home early if it bothers me. I packed my lunch with beef jerky (salt lick), salted nuts, and several bottles of water. I'd be happy with a fine drizzle (wont happen), but it's supposed to be sunny and warm; not quite as humid has yesterday though...