Feminine Issues

Hello All~

I am going crazy!! For the last 5 months or so, my periods have gotten heavier, my cramping has become almost unbearable, my nipples/breast (new this cycle) get very hard and excruciating to touch, and my moodiness and irritability is off the charts. I honestly thought about putting myself in the psych ward a few days ago because I knew I couldn't get my emotions under control and felt totally overwhelmed.

I haven't missed a period yet, so I doubt I'm in perimenopause. I do know that my mother had to have a hysterectomy at my age, 48, for some of these same reasons (although oddly enough, she doesn't remember exactly why she had the surgery....I'm adopted, and this is my biological mother, so she's checking into it). All I want to do is isolate and read my books....Anyone else? What's helped? I have an appointment with my GYN on Thursday, and I think I must need some hormones. If only I let myself and everyone around me live until then.

Sometimes it's heck being a woman!

Jana

Jana,

It could be all those things. Since they aren't sure if you have endo yet, there are still some things you can do that will help with all the possibilities.

Natural Progesterone --endometrosis has been found out that most women are too high in estrogen. If you balance out that, it also helps with the PMS stuff too. There are ways that you use it if you still have your utereus and periods. You can get one at the health food store. One of the best books I've read on how to use the natural hormones was written by Dr. Johnathan Wright. If you are using anything that could possibly be upping your estrogen, you may want to stop (soy, flax seed, red clover, black cohash, etc.). It could be making everything worse.

Hope this helps. HANG IN THERE!!! And tell the others in your life too also. Hopefully, you will know something soon.

I don't think you have to miss a period to be in perimenopause.

This all happened almost simultaneous for me.

I started having periods every 2 weeks.

Started waking up in the night once soaked with sweat, other times just with heart pounding out of control.

I was sure it was hormone related.

Went and got checked but my hormone levels were normal when I had my blood draw.

They said my uterus felt big but I've had 4 babies. I'm not sure if it ever goes back to normal size after being stretched out that many times and my babies were good size all over 8 pounds.

My ultrasound of the uterus was totally normal.

I bleed so bad I can flood my pants within two hours and I have huge clots.

My periods went from every 2 to every 4 to then every 3 weeks.

Now I think I'm back to every 4.

The scariest I just had a couple months back was I clotted off went to the bathroom and the clot burst through and I bled so much I thought I would just collapse. It just poured-it was scary.

I don't really cramp but just I guess feel bad and with the excessive bleeding these last two years it was difficult for me to work that way on my first and second day it was just a nightmare.

I looked at the list of symptoms last year of periomenopause and I had at least 3/4 of the symptoms.

It can include migraines, vertigo, erratic heart rate, and there were times I thought my mine would just spin out of control like I thought maybe I would go crazy or psychotic or something but I haven't. That was like the peak of my emotional feelings I guess.

I do not have any type of hot flashes yet but with the periods also being so erratic and a change in intensity I strongly felt there was some type of correlation.

is endometriosis related to pots? i have symptoms of it but as far as i understand they can't really diagnose you with it unless they open you up and do a surgery. i have abdominal bloating, cramping mid-cycle, severe! cramps, spotting for about 10 days before my period, etc. my mom had a hysterectomy at age 38. She should have had it sooner but put it off to have kids. any other pots patients out there who have a endometriosis diagnosis? or symptoms?

They are starting to think it may be related. At least allot of us have had it and now have or have had POTS in addition to it.

Yes, you're right they have to put a scope in to look for it. But, as I said earlier, Natural Progesterone cream will help with the endometrosis. I had a hysterectomy when I was 36. I should have had it sooner too, but I wanted kids but never could get pregnant. My hysterectomy was my 8th abdominal surgery and I didn't want any more. I had them take everything. I wanted to be rid of the pain. It helped sooo much with that. But, of course, you have other issues with the hysterectomy and what that brings. But, I'm glad I did it. Things were so much better afterwards. I no longer had the pain and my colon issues cleared up too. I had horrible IBS and had had colitis. All that went away. Also had malabsorption that enzymes helped with.

Oh, side note. Enzymes helps with pain too, if you take them between meals on an empty stomach. It helps with inflammation. But, if you're going to have surgery, leave them off before because they can also thin your blood depending on the type you take.

You can get the natural Progesterone at the health food store in a pharmicutical grade. You apply it to your skin, it's a cream. Be sure and figure out what days to use it. If you are still having periods you apply it at different times of the month. I wish I had known about it when I was younger and could have saved myself allot of pain and surgeries.

Thanks for your replies so far!

Issie, I will definitely try the progesterone cream and enzymes. I know the enzymes had been suggested before, too. Great idea.

Lieze, thanks for you great input, too. Yes, you're right. I just looked it up, and during perimenopause you can still have periods. Thanks for helping me learn something new.

handmadebyemy, yes, I think that there may be a connection between POTS and endometriosis. There are a couple of really good sites (Mayo, NIH, WebMD) that goes into detail on the symptoms of endo.

Any other suggestions/stories are welcome. Only two more days until my appointment, thank God...

Cheers,

Jana

I don't think you have to miss a period to be in perimenopause.

This all happened almost simultaneous for me.

I started having periods every 2 weeks.

Started waking up in the night once soaked with sweat, other times just with heart pounding out of control.

I was sure it was hormone related.

Went and got checked but my hormone levels were normal when I had my blood draw.

They said my uterus felt big but I've had 4 babies. I'm not sure if it ever goes back to normal size after being stretched out that many times and my babies were good size all over 8 pounds.

My ultrasound of the uterus was totally normal.

I bleed so bad I can flood my pants within two hours and I have huge clots.

My periods went from every 2 to every 4 to then every 3 weeks.

Now I think I'm back to every 4.

The scariest I just had a couple months back was I clotted off went to the bathroom and the clot burst through and I bled so much I thought I would just collapse. It just poured-it was scary.

I don't really cramp but just I guess feel bad and with the excessive bleeding these last two years it was difficult for me to work that way on my first and second day it was just a nightmare.

I looked at the list of symptoms last year of periomenopause and I had at least 3/4 of the symptoms.

It can include migraines, vertigo, erratic heart rate, and there were times I thought my mine would just spin out of control like I thought maybe I would go crazy or psychotic or something but I haven't. That was like the peak of my emotional feelings I guess.

I do not have any type of hot flashes yet but with the periods also being so erratic and a change in intensity I strongly felt there was some type of correlation.

I don't want to scare you, BUT, my sister-in-law did this too. She thought it was menopause also. Then she went to another doctor and they did a DNC and found cancer cells in her utereus. You might want another opinion.

Thank you issie.

I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets worse for sure keep going back.

I just had a pap test last month? And I guess it was normal.

But it's something they want me to keep checking in about if nothing else the excessive blood loss when I already have anemia.

Thank you issie.

I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets worse for sure keep going back.

I just had a pap test last month? And I guess it was normal.

But it's something they want me to keep checking in about if nothing else the excessive blood loss when I already have anemia.

She had exactly the same issues, including the anemia. Don't wait too long. They caught hers early and removed her utereus and no chemo or anything else. They didn't catch hers with a pap. The DNC they did because of the bleeding and that's when they found it. The pap checks the cervix.

Jana-

Sounds like peri to me. All of my symptoms were awful during those years. I'm only 47, but had a uterine fibroid ablation which may have rushed things for me. Like you, I sought no chemical help.......until the HOT FLASHES!!!!! Then, I began a bio-identical estrogen/progesterone patch. I have never felt so fab. Have you started flashing yet :ph34r: ?

Julie

Oh, sorry- I forgot to add what helps. I got a modest benefit with a really clean diet: no sugar, nothing white (flour, rice, etc.), limit caffeine and alcohol. But, it was really awful.....

Sorry-

Julie