Compression Garment

Noreen

I cannot tolerate compression stockings due to the neuropathy in my feet - with the burning and pain I just can't have stockings on or even socks for any length of time.

I ran across these and was wondering what you all thought. Would these running leg sleeves offer the compression we are after? with only a few brain cells waving forlornly at each other, I am unable to determine whether iI would still have pooling in my feet or if the compression of the lower legs would be enough to decrease it.

thoughts?

(I was depressed that I couldn't watch the local triathalon - tried to drive there but couldn't park and get out of the car - horrible weather, no energy - but I got to see pretty leg sleeves!)

I cannot tolerate compression stockings due to the neuropathy in my feet - with the burning and pain I just can't have stockings on or even socks for any length of time.

I ran across these and was wondering what you all thought. Would these running leg sleeves offer the compression we are after? with only a few brain cells waving forlornly at each other, I am unable to determine whether iI would still have pooling in my feet or if the compression of the lower legs would be enough to decrease it.

thoughts?

(I was depressed that I couldn't watch the local triathalon - tried to drive there but couldn't park and get out of the car - horrible weather, no energy - but I got to see pretty leg sleeves!)

I don't have much knowledge of the leg sleeves. However, I will sometimes wear running compression tights (footless) or underarmour compression gear because I cannot tolerate things on my feet either. They offer a lower level of compression than anything prescribed by a doctor and therefore are generally safe to be footless. I have noticed some benefit, but not much. Then again I am not much of a pooler, both being hyperadregenic and because i have a foot condition that causes my lower leg muscles to work overtime. I tried a fairly inexpensive brand, but some of the more expensive brands are higher compression and actually will list their compression factor on websites, some are close to 30 and most offer graduated compression just like medical hose. The other benefit is that if you get the summer version they are nice and cool and still slim enough to wear under clothes. They look much more like the "leggings" that are so popular for younger ppl to wear under dresses too.

I hadn't thought of this. I HATE compression hose but they're critical to my upright life. I must check these out now. Off to search the internet. Thanks Reen for sharing your thoughts!!

Brye

I don't have much knowledge of the leg sleeves. However, I will sometimes wear running compression tights (footless) or underarmour compression gear because I cannot tolerate things on my feet either. They offer a lower level of compression than anything prescribed by a doctor and therefore are generally safe to be footless. I have noticed some benefit, but not much. Then again I am not much of a pooler, both being hyperadregenic and because i have a foot condition that causes my lower leg muscles to work overtime. I tried a fairly inexpensive brand, but some of the more expensive brands are higher compression and actually will list their compression factor on websites, some are close to 30 and most offer graduated compression just like medical hose. The other benefit is that if you get the summer version they are nice and cool and still slim enough to wear under clothes. They look much more like the "leggings" that are so popular for younger ppl to wear under dresses too.

I found both of these at DiscountSurgical.com for a big discount

When I used to teach water aerobics and I used to wear the Lycra legging and the lyric sports bra, over a lyric turtleneck, that was tight on my arms, over a speedo bathing suit. I loved the feeling. I'm sure it helped me do as much as I did till I finally collapsed. I have been looking for the pants and found and of my turtlenecks the other day.

Bellamia~*

When I used to teach water aerobics and I used to wear the Lycra legging and the lyric sports bra, over a lyric turtleneck, that was tight on my arms, over a speedo bathing suit. I loved the feeling. I'm sure it helped me do as much as I did till I finally collapsed. I have been looking for the pants and found and of my turtlenecks the other day.

Bellamia~*

You can buy something like this from the Dive Shops. They are swim skins. (I don't think that's the name.) But they are for scuba etc. Because I have vitiligo and can badly burn within 15 minutes of sun, I wear the full body one of these when I swim. There are also skull caps for your head. The fabric is so tight that it makes them have a sun protectant factor. You don't have to put sunscreen on. Some surf shops have them too. They have a short sleeve version of the tops and a long sleeve version. You can get a full body (jump) suit, or just buy a mid thigh short. I look like a big whale in the water, but I'm having fun and LIVING. People ask me if the water is cold. I say no it's just glorious. They usually just give me a look like 'your odd', but go on their way with a little shake of their heads. Then they come back in a few hours hurting and burned and I'm still just 'glorious'!

yes, I had a whole body suit one that I loved but when I had my class check there heart rate, mine was out of control big time!!!! I always thought I was going to pass out as I'd climb out of the pool shaking and trying to drink and catch my breath and sit on deck....

bellamia~*

yes, I had a whole body suit one that I loved but when I had my class check there heart rate, mine was out of control big time!!!! I always thought I was going to pass out as I'd climb out of the pool shaking and trying to drink and catch my breath and sit on deck....

bellamia~*

Did you have the real thin ones? They are like Lycria.

They were LIKE med compression... loved them.... Used to find them at Marshall's and TJ Max's along with the speedo leggings for a steal. Because I worked in chlorine they didn't last long. I also taught tons of classes. If I can find stretch jeans I buy them. They feel great also.