Angry At Tachycardia

Sometimes when I am sitting and my heart is racing away and I can feel every beat I just want to cry. Not because it scares me, but because I am so sick of it. Soon after it started tonight I had to go to the grocery store. Standing only makes it worse. So I am walking around the super market with my heart racing and pounding. No one can tell because of course I look fine. I can't be mad at the cashier because of course she has no idea that me standing in one spot is making me feel worse. At the same time I just want to start smashing everything and fall on the floor and ball my eyes out. I don't think it is fair that I am in this all alone. I know "boo hoo everyone has problems" just sometimes I don't want any problem. I just want my body to leave me alone and feel well. I don't want to think or have to do anything special. I want to be free like all the other fools running around having a life. Anyone feel as angry? so angry you just want to cry?

Yes! I am feeling that way a lot at the moment. I hate not knowing how I will feel one day to the next and the restrictions it puts on my life with my 3 beautiful children, I want to run around with them and have all the energy I had before this. The other day I was reading a book with my 5 year old and there was a picture of a mum carrying her child on her shoulders.My daughter asked "Why do you never do that to me?" its those kind of things that make me feel angry and upset.

I try to remind myself that there are worse things to have and that being angry is very draining on my energy but sometimes it just gets to you.

Melanie.

Sometimes, when I see someone running down the road, I have the irrational and absolutely unthinkable urge to hit them with my car.

lol lol

Yeah, I never would act on it. My heart finally slowed (while sitting anyway) about 6am and now I am no longer angry..(for now anyway haha) and as the other person said being angry does drain you more. Sometimes you can't help but have emotions pop up though. :rolleyes:

Oh, you tell me about it. It was like reading about my situation!! S? angry, frustrated and just wanting to scream and make everyone around me understand that I feel terrible even if I look normal and healthy. I?m having a hard time sitting still. I work as a nurse (yes, its hard) but its better to keep occupied, walking etc, than sitting down, to not say standing too long!! :rolleyes: Eating low carb food has reduced my symptoms and I feel more energetic etc, although I?m still having times where I feel awful.And I am tachy most of the time. The OI is much better though:)

wish you all the best:)

Villen:)

Sometimes just visualizing snapping the neck of the slow people in line who have to question everything the cashier does is enough. I'm not a violent person, but I think it helps to visualize even though you know you could never do such a thing. I often do this with doctors who are dismissive, or even abusive to their patients. This goes for NURSE RATCHETT TOO!

It's no fun walking around with tachycardia, and to me this is the most disabling symptom of dysautonomia. I've been on beta blockers since 1990 for it, and I feel like a prisoner to them. My tachycardia is controlled for the most part on the BBs, but on the other hand my orthostatic intolerance is still there, and there's no compensation and my body just feels like it's shutting down after about 20 minutes of walking or standing. If I push too far, which I often do, then I start to get palpitations, tremors, BLOAT, and end up taking longer to recover from it.

I absolutely HATE tachycardia! I totally understand your anger with it. No one can understand this unless they experience it. Once they do, they can belong to the "GEORGE" club. What do I mean by "George"?------------- Well, way back in the early 80s before I knew what this was I would get runs of tachycardia, and I found someone else that had the same thing. We came up with a name for the spells of tachycardia. We often said, "GEORGE" was here for a visit. My mother would give me her phenobarbitol, and it worked! IT stopped the tachycardia within minutes, and clamed my body down like it never happened. I took it for about 6 months----maybe less. I knew this was only a quick fix and saw a cardiologist. He diagnosed MVP at the time, and it was ruled out later in the 90s. I still think the phenobarbitol was helpful long term, which proves the tachycardia is secondary. The phenobarbitol did something to help quiet down the tirggers. I have a trigger happy heart, and it doesn't take much to send it firing.

I thought about kick boxing if my body could take it! My legs seem to be the strongest, and I wish I could kick at someting without shaking up my body too much, as it would not be good for my spine instability. My legs get weak when walking, but it's a diffferent kind of weak. They get rubbery....especially when I get the tachycardia.

Go find something you can kick without hurting your foot.....lol.

Maxine :rolleyes:)