All Of The Sudden I Have Anemia!

It has really tanked down 3 points to 9.8, my PC said at 8 you are hospitalized. My WBC is up too. They took some blood work to see if they can figure out whats causing it.

Neuro says that the pheresis wouldn't cause this to happen. I was so excited cause I have been having signs of improvements, that kind of stalled the last few weeks, as I had expected the tachy to be the next thing to improve. He had put me on cellcept, there is a possibility that may have caused a GI bleed. To soon to know.

I have never had anemia before that I know of. My sister has it, they found it when she got meningitis. I am at menopause age but my cycles have been every 25 days, I was hoping for less frequently not more at meno. Don't bleed a lot though so I don't think that is it. The funny thing is I don't feel any worse then usual, except for some pelvic pain. I rarely get fevers over 100.3 and the only time I usually get them is after talking and they go a way after I lay down and stop talking.

My PC is like if you get dizzy or lightheaded go to the ER. I sort of always feel like I'm on the edge of that with the pots, how am I suppose to know the difference?

I'm so tired of this, I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of fighting to find out whats wrong. I just want to get better and get my life back.

I know this might be a silly question but do they have you on iron?

I was down to 8 but they got me up to normal in just 3 months by taking 2 iron tablets a day.

Have no idea where I'm at right now but if you're not on any iron at all-it is possible that you did become anemic just from your POTS diet?

I have basically tried to take iron since just because it was a scary experience.

I really don't want to have a blood transfusion if possible.

Well I'm not sure what a pots diet is, but I eat plenty of protein. They are checking my iron and ferritin, so I don't know about that yet. I did look up the cellcept and anemia and it can cause a kind of anemia. I hope I don't have to take iron pills, multivitamins make me ill, I have trouble digesting pills.

This seems to have happened so fast I can't help but suspect the cellcept. Thanks for the input.

Guest humanb4monitor

My godmother just had a major transfusion cause of this. ULCERS caused it and she/they didn't know and the ulcers were caused by ASPIRIN being taken for heart health!

I didn't feel mine coming on either.

I don't know that I see fatigue as an abnormal.

I try to eat a lot of protein too but I don't really know that we get enough (the daily requirement in our diets) iron.

I see it in certain things and along beside it's usually something like 2%.