My 7-day Heart Rates

Simmy

My disability attorney asked me to record my stand-up heart rates, 3 times daily at roughly the same time, for 7 days straight. That ended yesterday and I just finished compiling the last of the data. Many of you have seen my latest video on that ?really bad day? and I?m glad it happened during the 7-day period. Moronically, I had just removed my SmartSync heart rate recorder five minutes before I shot the video, but I did document it just before, and a similar outrageous heart rate jump again three hours later, which showed an increase of 86bpm in 19 seconds, followed by a drop of 87bpm in just 14 seconds.

I?ve uploaded 3 photos to Flickr so far. One is of that huge spike and drop mentioned above, the second is of me driving my wife to the ferry 10 minutes away on a good day, resting and then returning home, and the third is an overview of the entire seven days, including additional mundane daily activities. Make sure to click on the ?All Sizes? magnifying glass above and to the left of each photo to see it in greater detail. Here?s the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simbofats/set...57624071020877/

I?m glad to share this with my friend here, but it does come with a question. As we all know, the benchmark is a rise of >30bpm within ten minutes, but mine almost always gets there within 20 seconds, and almost all of those 21 ?stand tests? you?ll see began from lying down in bed or on the couch, while only a few began from a squat.

How quickly do your heart rates jump up when you stand, and drop when you lie down or squat?

My HR will go from about 60 to 130 in about 30 seconds after I stand, and then very slowly start going down. It takes 1-3 minutes to calm back down to around 95 or so when I go supine.

Off meds my heart rate would go from 70's to 170's within 30 seconds of standing (from any position).

On meds it wasn't as shocking (the beta blockers made a big difference) and it would go from 50's and 60's to 90's and 100's - again within 30 seconds.

laying down my rhythm would return to baseline within the minute as well.