Eyes Bugging Out

Simmy

Whenever I walk up a flight of stairs my heart races of course, usually to at least 130bpm, but then I squat and it instantly drops down to about 60. When this happens my vision starts to bug out. It's like looking through a binocular camera and the shutter keeps closing and reopening slightly, maybe 20% from the outside in, timed precisely with every slow heartbeat. It goes away within a minute.

In comparison with all the other fun stuff we deal with I'm sure this is just a blood pressure thing and not dangerous, but curious. Anyone know why this happens?

Just a guess but maybe it's due to the sudden drop in BP. When the brain doesn't get the blood it needs, there tends to be a range of visual changes (seeing some sort of black) all the way to actually fainting. Maybe you just happen to have a particularly "fun" vision change.

blhorn

I don't know if I could handle those maneuvers. I try to just walk it off and let my body adjust after a flight of stairs. In the meanwhile I tell myself this is my rehab. :blink:

I wonder if you would allow your body to slowly adjust if you'd have the same reaction.

No. It does not happen when I keep walking and slowly sit, then slowly lie down gradually, it only happens from sudden, quick drops in heartrate and I know this, but squatting stops the tachy instantly and there ain't no better relief than that. I'd rather have a few seconds of freaky vision than another minute of tachy and all the other wonderful things that go with it. I was just curious why this "fun" stuff happens to my vision.