I Made A Dysautonomia Video ...

I thought I'd share this video with you all. It is a video I made about my life with dysautonomia. It has a spiritual theme to it and that theme has been my anchor - THROUGH IT ALL. It is also a thank you to some of the doctor's that have been involved in my care.

Just wanted to encourage you all with this -- we can make it!

keep fighting, we are more than conquerer's.

Loved it! Great job... brought tears to my eyes and I always welcome the reminder that my illness was allowed in my life for a purpose. God knows my heart and the most important job I have is the rearing my children. I have remind myself that I get to show my children how to face diversity ( I'm not always the most graceful example though).

I hope they never deal with Dysautonomia ( worried about my daughter though... I'm taking her to the dr next month)... but we all have challenges. thank you for the encouragement.

Glad you all like it. It really has been something for me to pull out and watch -- sometimes repeatedly when I'm having a really bad dysauto day -- allows me to reflect and remember all of the positive's in my life.

I gave a copy of this video to all my doctor's. It was the best way I knew how to say "thank you" to those who have faithfully stuck by me since being diagnosed 10 years ago and yes, even as the song goes, through it all.

The singer is Darlene Zschech (doubt i spelled that right). She is part of one of my favorite groups called "Hillsong". That particular song is off of their cd entitled "Blessed". Great music to listen to.

Very nice. We all need to recognize our spiritual side. Jehovah God (Ps. 83:18) is there for anyone who searches for him. He has promised us a time when crying, pain, and even death will be no more. Rev. 21:4 I love this scripture. He also promised us that the righteous will inherit the earth and wickedness and wicked ones will be done away with. Ps 37:29, Ps 37:10,11 What a wonderful hope for the future--a reason to keep going.

I loved the picture of Jesus and the little girl. It's so wonderful to think of him giving his life for us, so that we could be redeemed and continue on living ourselves. What a wonderful example of love he displayed for us and his father Jehovah. We can get strength from Jehovah God, if we serve him and follow his guidelines from the Bible.

Good JOB!!!! Appreciated your thanking the people who are there for you. We all need acknowledgement of the good things we do in life. Beautiful example.

Angela-

I loved it. You're a doll- just as I imagined you. I remember you working full time, with a crazy heart rate (often worse than your patients!), unable to eat. I'm so happy that you've found some relief...

The video made me cry at points- esp. the beautiful picture of Jesus holding the little girl. Your imagery is beautiful. I do have one tiny suggestion (you may have done this & I missed it :lol: ) It would be great if you could tie in your gastroparesis with your dysautonomia. I'm not sure how to do that visually- you're the filmmaker :P It would be nice for your audience to know that you weren't just randomly struck with 2 rare illnesses- they are tied together.

Great job- thanks for sharing!

Julie

I am glad you all found just as much encouragement as I have with this video.

It is funny - my intentions initially for making this video stemmed from an "anger" moment of "I'll get the point across" toward someone who, in short, just wasn't educated in dysautonomia and the physical difficulties that accompany this condition.

Isn't it interesting how God intervenes in our lives to take over His rightful place as DIRECTOR and how too often we try to take on that roll when instead we are FAR better off being the directED? Little did I know the finished result of this video wouldn't JUST be an educational tool but a tool to encourage myself and others living with dysautonomia. God, DIRECTOR, had something else in mind with this video. He wanted to bless, uplift, and love on all of His children, you and me.

So, Thank HIM for this video - I gave up my position as ''video DIRECTOR'' the first time I watched this video through -- and I was encouraged, uplifted, I cried many tears, hope stirred in my heart again, and life renewed in my soul.... My response to the video was (and still is) the same as all of yours. It is amazing what God can do in and through us .... and even what MORE He can do when we actively and deliberately surrender our everything to Him.

Be blessed.

Angela-

I loved it. You're a doll- just as I imagined you. I remember you working full time, with a crazy heart rate (often worse than your patients!), unable to eat. I'm so happy that you've found some relief...

The video made me cry at points- esp. the beautiful picture of Jesus holding the little girl. Your imagery is beautiful. I do have one tiny suggestion (you may have done this & I missed it :unsure: ) It would be great if you could tie in your gastroparesis with your dysautonomia. I'm not sure how to do that visually- you're the filmmaker :P It would be nice for your audience to know that you weren't just randomly struck with 2 rare illnesses- they are tied together.

Great job- thanks for sharing!

Julie

Hey Julie -- I wanted to make the dysautonomia theme more "pronounced" by putting some more dysautonomia signs/pictures in the video but I did manage to get a couple in there. At the beginning "see the world, through my eyes : Dysautonomia Awareness" and then at the very end "Fighting the unseen battles" with the "dysautonomia awareness ribbon. I had so many other pictures that I would have liked to include but sinking choreography (images and the song) was tight. .....

Please do share the video with others, specifically anyone that is in need of encouragement (I think that would be everyone on the face of the planet!)....you have a HUGE task ahead of you! haha. glad you enjoyed the video. :o)